Tuesday 13 October 2020

Lunch At Wan Li Xiang Roasters Restaurant, Ipoh

Yesterday, hubby and I went to my friend's house to pass her some biscuits and palm sugar that I bought for her. We were suppose to have lunch at a new eatery near her house but the venue was changed because my friend's husband wanted to take us to a restaurant for lunch. He wanted to take us to a restaurant that is having a special promotion for the "dragon tiger" grouper at RM75 per fish.

Steamed "dragon tiger" grouper @ RM 75.
French beans with salted egg yolk.
Deep fried tofu topped with minced meat and salted radish.
Cost of lunch = RM110.60 including rice and drink.
Thanks to my friend's hubby for the lunch treat.
~~~~~
For dinner, I cooked a packet of instant noodle for hubby and I ate the plate of angled luffa cooked with salted egg without any rice.
My dinner.
~~~~~
This morning, all of a sudden I decided to dig out a cassava or tapioca plant to see if I can get a good harvest of cassava roots.
After much hard work digging out the roots, here is the harvest from just 1 plant.
The cassava roots after I have removed the skin. Will be passing these to my friend's hubby because he makes very delicious tapioca kuih. Looking forward to enjoy the kuih bingka soon.
An antique barber chair.
Pink Mexican Petunias or Pink Showers after the morning rain.


He waters the furrows with abundant rain.
Showers soften the earth, melting the clods and
causing seeds to sprout across the land.
Then he crowns it all with green,
lush pastures in the wilderness;
hillsides blossom with joy.
(Psalm 65:10-12, The Living Bible-TLB)

48 comments:

  1. ...than barber chair does look very comfy, your Petunias look great in the rian. Thanks Nancy for stopping by, take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That restaurant meal sounds expensive. Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Without promotion, the fish will be expensive.

      Delete
  3. A great meal, Nancy. I have never had fresh cassava roots...that's an amazing harvest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had never seen cassava roots before. Are they hard to peel?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks delicious. I love the old barbers chair and your flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an interesting meal. I don't think I've had any of those dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pink pastel flowers! The fish is expensive but tasty, right? The cassava should be tasty when made into kuih.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy. As usual I'm hungry this morning. Having my first cup of coffee. The sun is shining and the smoke is gone. Beautiful.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. So is cassava and tapioca the same thing? Cassava are the roots of the tapioca?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are both the same thing coming from the same plant.

      Delete
  10. I love grouper - one of my favorite fish.
    Cassava looks like a LOT of work!
    Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2020/10/the-fungus-is-among-us-mushrooms.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not easy digging out the cassava roots.

      Delete
  11. Delicious foods and the cassava is the best food especially in most African nations. it can be processed in different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love french beans and all photos

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice meal.

    Hope you get your kuih soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It sounds like you have a very good agreement with the friend's hubby, you grow the roots, he makes the kuih. It's nice to have friends like that, and like the ones you went to the restaurant with.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Sure is an expensive fish but does look delicious. BTW, did you boil the salted egg first before you cook it with the vegies? Would like to give that a try.
    The Barber's chair is so nostalgic.
    What an irony. I had boiled tapioca with my my brother and his wife for tea yesterday. I love Bingka Ubi. Maybe when I get to buy some fresh tapiocas will make bingka ubi.
    Beautiful flowers there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yummy meal! Keep one piece of dessert for me! hehehee...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a bountiful harvest! I note the part about the hard work digging it out though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its hard work before of the limited space available.

      Delete
  18. Lovely flowers! The food is unknown to me, but looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another interesting post with interesting foods

    ReplyDelete
  20. Todo es muy interesante. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lunch looks very delicious,especially the grouper. Your cassava plant gave up a number of good tubers.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...