Friday 23 October 2020

Nyonya Chang From Malacca & BBQ Pork Belly For Dinner

Time flies so fast. It seems like it was just yesterday. I tried applying the brakes to slow down time but the brakes do not seem to work.

Greetings from my garden.
Steamed Nyonya chang or dumpling for lunch.
Nice Nyonya chang from Malacca.
I received a packet of frozen fish and scallops from my neighbour.
I dug out some cassava roots because my friend wanted to make cassava sweet cake or kuih bingka. I kept some back to boil with salt. I love to eat cassava roots cooked this way. During the Japanese occupation, many of the older folks ate this as their staple food.
~~~~~
I cooked the following for dinner.
My neighbour gave me a thick strip of pork belly. Used it to make bbq pork and gave half to the same neighbour.
I harvest 2 angled luffa from my garden. Cooked them with salted egg and Fuchow fish balls (with minced meat filling).
Hubby doesn't want rice, so I cooked noodle.
That evening, a friend sent this snapshot taken from his house to our chat group.
By the time I went out to check, this is what I saw on my left.
And this is the sky I saw on my right.


Sing to the Lord, O kingdoms of the earth
- sing praises to the Lord,
to him who rides upon the ancient heavens,
whose mighty voice thunders from the sky.
(Psalm 68:32-33, The Living Bible-TLB)

55 comments:

  1. So beautiful sky :) Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a generous neighbour! The dumpling looks great, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice sky and flowers from your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Nancy,

    Beautiful skies and lovely flowers. Enjoy your day, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen. Have a great weekend too.

      Delete
  5. Maybe at the same time you were applying the brakes on time, someone else was willing it to go faster. So cancel out hehe.

    Nonya chang looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...it's nice to be greeted by your garden, enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. good foods enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great food, interesting skies. Beautiful verse!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you and your neighbors and friends do with food...we used to have neighbors/friends like that. Ones where we could run get a cup or sugar or whatever if were right in the middle of making something and discovered we were out of the item. I miss those days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I too remember those days. Now we exchange food.

      Delete
  10. You always have the prettiest things in your garden. The food all looks delish and the sky shots are very pretty too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You and your neighbor are very nice to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have a nice neighbor.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for the flowers and soft clouds. Time flies here too,one week seems to be over in a second!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good that time pass fast for you. I have eaten ubi kayu steamed with sugar but not with salt. How does the ubi kayu taste like when steamed and eaten with salt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I boiled the ubi kayu with a little salt. Sometimes I eat it plain, sometimes with grated coconut. Yummy.

      Delete
  15. You have a beautiful garden. Your sky looks heavy with moisture. Pretty shots!

    ReplyDelete
  16. All of your photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Always delicious food and beautiful views to end each day :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The noodles look like kampua noodles. Your friend's snapshot looks like the sky is on fire!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful blooms.It would be my pleasure if you join my link up party related to gardening where you can share about plants and flowers here at http://jaipurgardening.blogspot.com/2020/10/yellow-blooms-in-autumn-garden.html

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...