Thursday 22 October 2020

Brunch At Peranakan Place, Jonker Street, Malacca

We have been keeping tabs on the Covid-19 daily updates because we didn't want to get stuck in Johor. On the morning of our departure, we started our journey early with the intention of having brunch in Malacca. We reached Jonker Street about 10:30 am. It was quiet without the tourist crowd.

We picked Restoran Peranakan Place to have our brunch.
Little Nyonya
3 bowls of yummy-licious Cendol with cream corn.
I am missing Malacca's delicious cendol.
2 bowls of Nyonya laksa.
One for our friend.
And one for me.
Hubby ordered nasi lemak with beef rendang.
The cendol half filled our tummies and we could barely finish our laksa and nasi lemak.
~~~~~
After brunch, we took a walk along Jonker street.
We crossed over the Malacca river.
We can spare some time for some snapshots.
Sculpture of a pink cow
and a green cow.
Windwill
Queen Victoria fountain.
Museum
Christ Church Melaka
Melaka 0-Mile - centre of Malacca.
All distance in Malacca city is measured from this point.
After taking some snapshots, we went shopping for biscuits and palm sugar.
Stopped by a few biscuit shops to buy some snacks.
Nice packaging for Betehso biscuit or heong peah.
Air plants for sale.
Sculpture of Datuk Wira Dr. Gan Boon Leong
(Father of Malaysian Bodybuilding)
I passed by here, saw this on my left, quickly took a snapshot before rushing to catch up with the others.

God has given each of you some special abilities;
be sure to use them to help each other,
passing on to others God's many kinds of blessings.
(1 Peter 4:10, The Living Bible-TLB)

45 comments:

  1. I miss betehso!! Those air plants are really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In Ipoh, our version of betehso is heong paeng.

      Delete
  2. Very Interesting Dishes Nancy. Were there any more colorful cows in the area?

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Paul. I only saw 2 colourful cows.

      Delete
  3. Great post dear!Photos are amazing !     

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the virtual tour, I really enjoyed seeing a place I will never see in person. I am not surprised that you were full after all that food 😊
    Stay safe Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cows! Is this a working windmill, or just for a decoration? The yellow restaurant is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure. It doesn't seems to be working when we were there.

      Delete
  6. All the food is so tasty! I want to eat cendol now. Have not eaten cendol since March or even before that. Are there any tasty cendol in Ipoh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only know of one place and that is in Bercham. Not convenient for me because it is quite far for me.

      Delete
  7. Such a pretty colorful building and the food looks great too. Thanks for giving us the tour too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! :)
    very interesting post. I read it with pleasure. you write very interestingly and your posts are very inspiring :) if you want, we can visit each other or observe our blogs :)
    Greetings from Poland!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ...wow, what a neat and exciting plce.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like such a fun trip...and getting to see other places besides the everyday places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a pity we couldn't stay longer to explore the whole place.

      Delete
  11. I like the yellow colour exterior of the nyonya restaurant. The cow sculptures are so colourful and beautiful. I miss malacca. And i like the windmill too. Sounds like a very fun and interesting trip. Thanks for sharing the photos, i enjoy looking at them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to a proper holiday in Malacca in the future.

      Delete
  12. So fun. I love going on adventures with you and you know how much I love all your food.

    Have a fabulous day and rest of the week, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. We haven't have enough of Malacca yet. Looking forward to visit again in the future.

      Delete
  13. That's an amazing sculpture of the body builder. Excellent photos, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's something new for me, but I would try it :) It looks delicious. What a nice place!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The windmill is a surprise, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. nice place with beautiful architectures and delicious foods...
    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  17. So much pretty color everywhere you look!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Would wish to visit Melaka again, and bring my kids to see this historical city.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too want to visit Malacca again with more time to explore.

      Delete
  19. I'm missing Melaka after looking at your pictures! We enjoyed our pre-MCO trip without the usual crowds and traffic jams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This time it was very quiet. It would be nice to visit Malacca again in the future without the fear of the virus.

      Delete
  20. Malacca is a fun place to explore.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...