Sunday 11 October 2020

Lunch At Restoran Yee Heng, Ipoh Garden

Hubby and I went to pick up a friend for lunch but we couldn't decide where or what to eat. We drove around and finally decided to stop at Restoran Yee Heng because of the banner showing nice tong sui or sweet drinks.

We ordered 3 bowls of Bubur Cha Cha (sweet potato, taro, sago in sweet coconut milk). We enjoyed every spoonful of it.
I ordered Vietnamese spring rolls.
Hubby ordered beef noodle.
~~~~~
From my garden.
Yellow hibiscus with red centre.
Close up view of the stamen and stigma.
Plantago Major herbs harvested from my garden.
Boiled these to make herbal drink.
I can't remember when I planted these carrots. I was curious so I pulled out the carrot plants to see. I am glad to see these tiny weird shaped carrots. I used these to boil soup.
I also harvested the above white brinjals and red okras.
Thank God for the plentiful harvest.

For God, who gives seed to the farmer to plant,
and later on good crops to harvest and eat,
will give you more and more seed to plant and
will make it grow so that you can give away
more and more fruit from your harvest.
(2 Corinthians 9:10, The Living Bible-TLB)

38 comments:

  1. PTL for the good harvest. Bubur Cha Cha looks so very tasty! The beef Noodles and popiah too. Do white brinjals taste exactly the same as purple brinjals?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. The white brinjals taste almost the same but not as soft as the purple brinjals.

      Delete
  2. Those white brinjals are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks tasty food and nice photos I loved

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...I'll have the spring rolls please.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden is amazing, I must see if I can find seed for white brinjals, that are always dark here. Have a good week, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting to see those carrots shaped like that. Love those spring rolls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never seen carrots shaped like those. I am glad you shared a photo. When I picked apples I would find funny shaped ones...they were fun to find. I wish I had had a camera a lot of times. Thst hibiscus is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. I would love to pick apples.

      Delete
  8. Delicious dishes! Thank you very much for sharing )))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Uwielbiam sajgonki są pyszne . Zabawne są te marchewki. Miłego tygodnia:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The spring rolls look delicious. A great harvest.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh so nice spring rolls darling
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What strange carrots! Wonder what caused them to grow this way? Oh, that beef noodle dish looks SO good. And your flowers are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. At first I thought your carrots were turmeric! The bubur cha cha looks good with the large sago pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The veggies look interesting.
    The food looks nice and it is hard sometimes to know what to choose when out, so much to pick from mostly.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Me encanta tu cosecha. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks like you picked a winner just from the banner.

    Beautiful flowers and edibles, although those carrots are really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I always have a soft spot for bubur chacha!

    How did you plant those carrots? At least edible. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will try planting the carrots again hoping for better harvest.

      Delete
  18. Long time did not eat bubur cha cha. I have not eaten white brinjals before.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...