Thursday 8 October 2020

Dinner At Sam Poh Restaurant, Ipoh

My foodie friends wanted to go some place new for our Friday dinner but none of us had any suggestion. I sent a text message to a friend asking for restaurant recommendation. One of the places she gave me was Sam Poh Restaurant at Desa Tambun, Ipoh. Hubby and I have not been to this place. I checked with my foodie friends and they replied that they had been but it was a long time ago. They were keen to revisit this restaurant for dinner.

The evening was wet and cold. To our surprise, most of the tables were reserved for those who called up earlier to make reservation. We were glad there was a table available to accommodate the 6 of us.

We ordered fish head curry with assorted vegetables.
Deep fried yam ring with assorted vegetables and cashew nuts in the centre.
3 cups Chicken in claypot.
There was generous portion of basil leaves on top of the chicken. A friend quickly moved the basil leaves to one side because hubby doesn't like the smell of basil leaves.
Deep fried tofu with generous crispy toppings.
Because of this crispy toppings, this dish received thumbs up from us.

It is possible to give away and become richer!
It is also possible to hold on too tightly and lose everything.
Yes, the liberal man shall be rich!
By watering others, he waters himself.
(Proverbs 11:25, The Living Bible-TLB)

47 comments:

  1. I like all the dishes and I would say my favorite would be the 3 cups chicken in claypot. The more basil the better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all enjoyed this dish very much, probably because of the basil.

      Delete
  2. The meal looks good and it's always nice to go to a place you haven't been before and come away satisfied.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Margaret. Take care and stay safe.

      Delete
  3. All looks delicious and very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, claire went with you all cos I think i remember these dishes. I like the yam basket the best. What are the crispy toppings on the tofu made of?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not very sure, probably dried prawns, garlics, etc.

      Delete
  5. Oh what a feast. I would love to go with you to have dinner. Delicious.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many delicious food, Nancy, and I particularly love that taro ring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you were able to go some place different...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can still get to enjoy some dine-in in restaurants.

      Delete
  8. How fun to go out to eat . We are pretty much still staying home. Looks like quite a variety of tasty dishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We choose the eateries in areas that are clear of the virus. Preferably it is better to stay home, safer too.

      Delete
  9. The yam ring is almost too pretty to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucky that you and your friends were able to get a space for your dinner. See ya Nancy.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of the dishes are delicious without a doubt ... but the most unique to me is the sweet potato rings :).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lotus root and nuts is always a fave with me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the fried tofu with crispy toppings, must be very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything looks good to me! Good combination of saucy, fried, curry dishes for the meal.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The bible verse is talking about doing charity right? Nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something like not holding on to what we have but to be generous in blessing others and will be blessed in return.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...