Saturday 3 October 2020

Fried Dumplings, Gaozi, Home Grown Veggies For Dinner

I was watering my plants one morning when I noticed a butterfly on my periwinkle plants. It seemed to like the white periwinkles and it didn't fly away even when I was standing quite near taking all the snapshots.

It is not often I get to take photographs of butterflies without them flying away.
After I had taken enough of snapshots, I continued watering my plants.
Hubby went to visit his friend in Pusing and came back with some kuih.
These are glutinous rice flour kuih with different types of filling.
The above were harvested from my garden. They were red and green okras, and white brinjals/eggplants/aubergines.
Steamed red and green okras, and white eggplants. Drizzled with garlic oil, oyster and soy sauce.
Deep fried sui kao or dumplings.
My friend brought the gaozi skin and I prepared the filling.
I boiled lotus root soup and we placed the cooked gaozi in the soup.
2 types of dipping sauce for the gaozi and fried sui kao.
Dinner (without rice) for 4 people.
We each had 1 sui kao, 3 gaozi and a bowl of soup.
The same butterfly with its many poses.
~~~~~
We kept the extra gaozi and fried dumpling for the next day's dinner.
1. Pan grilled stingray fish and squid (wong kai lun) with sambal paste. 2. Angled luffa. 3. Fried sui kao. 4. Soup with gaozi. For 2 evenings, we had friends over for dinner and they enjoyed our home grown veggie.

Linking to Saturday's Critters & Garden Affair.

Dear brothers,
giving thanks to God for you is not only the right thing to do,
but it is our duty to God
because of the really wonderful way your faith has grown
and because of your growing love for each other.
(2 Thessalonians 1:3, The Living Bible-TLB)

50 comments:

  1. Dinner looks nice as does that butterfly.
    You must have some nice vegetables growing in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a few types of vegetables that are easy to grow and take care.

      Delete
  2. we both have butterflies today and such beautiful creatures they are. Have a lovely weekend and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  3. The butterfly must love your periwinkle so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so because it stayed for a long time fluttering from one flower to another.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful butterfly and great dishes!
    Greeting Elke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss the good old early dinners we had, Nancy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely shots of the butterfly. You always have such delicious looking food too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Nancy,
    I love the pretty butterfly on the periwinkles. It must be a great plant to attract the butterflies. Lovely photos! Your food looks yuumy! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, enjoy your day! Have a happy weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen for hosting. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  8. Great shots of the butterfly, not one I recognise. Your garden is amazing what it produces. Keep well and stay safe, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Butterflies are never kind of easy for me to shoot and I really liked the way it holds for you. Nice crunchy and sweet recipes! 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same with me too but this particular butterfly is a different case. It seemed to love posing for me.

      Delete
  10. Those kuih are looking really great. But the star are those homegrown veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy dishes with home grown vegetables. Did you buy the stingray and squid from the wet market?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought the stingray and squid from the roadside stall in our area.

      Delete
  12. Your butterfly photos are lovely. Isn't it wonderful when they actually cooperate with the photo shoot :) All your food looks lovely, but the only way I have ever liked okra is in soup. Does steaming get rid of that slimy texture?

    ReplyDelete
  13. We enjoy sesame balls, filled with black bean paste, in Chinese restaurants here in Hawaii. Love to eat them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum yum yum!!! I'd love to have some of that soup and the dumplings!!! How nice! And your butterfly photos are wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Motyle są piękne. Potrawy wyglądają na bardzo smaczne.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That butterfly is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful post, all the way around!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So nice to see the butterfly. I was so impressed with the harvest from your garden. Great looking food as always.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The photos looked nice with the good contrast of the butterfly and white flowers. It was your lucky day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was least expected. Usually butterflies are too fast for me.

      Delete
  20. Lovely shots of the butterfly. I want that fried dumplings and lotus roots soup. I am planning to bring my mom to go eat sambal stingray at newton fod centre.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, the first two collages with white periwinkle & butterfly re stunning. Bon appetit - I wish I could taste!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Me alegra que lo pases bien con tus amigos. La mariposa es muy bonita. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm a fan of people who go somewhere and come back with food haha.

    Very nice photos of the butterfly and white flower.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for linking up with Garden Affair.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...