Wednesday 28 October 2020

Lotus Seeds, Ginkgo Nuts Sweet Drink & Steamed Sweet Corn

On our way home after our morning walk, I usually keep my eyes open for pretty flowers by the road side. When I see one, I will stop to take snapshots before I continue on my walk.

Close up of Deep Pink Oleander Flowers.
~~~~~
I have been wanting to cook lotus seeds and ginkgo nuts sweet drink and I even have all the ingredients in my fridge. I finally got down to it. I soaked the dried lotus seeds before peeling off the skin. I cracked the ginkgo nuts and peeled off the skin. I also soaked the malva nuts (buah kembang semangkuk in Malay) and rinsed the malva jelly.
My delicious home cooked sweet drink or tong sui.
(Lotus seeds, ginkgo nuts, malva jelly, dried longan, and honey rock sugar)
Before serving, add some of the expanded malva jelly.
This sweet drink or tong sui tastes good when it is warm or chilled.
I also steamed the sweet corns given by a friend.
We had the sweet drink and steamed sweet corn for lunch.


Hold tightly to the pattern of truth I taught you,
especially concerning the faith and love Christ Jesus offers you.
Guard well the splendid, God-given ability you received as a gift
from the Holy Spirit who lives within you.
(2 Timothy 1:13-14, The Living Bible-TLB)

57 comments:

  1. The oleander is gorgeous, I am so glad you spotted it! We have them in the deep south, but I have never seen one. I didn't even know what they look like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first time I took a closer look at the flowers.

      Delete
  2. Sweet corn looks nice and the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tong sui looks really good. I love lotus seeds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tong Sui is always my favourite drink. Pretty Oleander flowers. Yummy steamed jagung.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful flower. I like it so much.

    New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2020/10/lumene-herkka-soothing-toner-gentle-eye.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love sweet corns!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The flower is beautiful.
    https://allatseawithme.blogspot.com/2020/10/wordless-wednesday-belgian-waffle.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful oleander blooms.It would be my pleasure if you join my link up party related to gardening where you can share about plants and flowers here at http://jaipurgardening.blogspot.com/2020/10/yellow-blooms-in-autumn-garden.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. ...we will look forward to fresh corn agaiin nest summer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love corn but in a here corn with salty 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I boil corn with salt, most times I just steamed them.

      Delete
  11. Love the color of the oleander flower - I've never seen one before.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The flower is so pretty and delicious food as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The flowers are so very pretty! Love your tong sui, especially the malva nuts. How many bowls of tong sui did you cook?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cooked enough to share with friends and neighbours.

      Delete
  14. What a lovely lunch. I love the sweet corn the best. Lots of butter too.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Did you have your tong sui warm or chilled? I like it chilled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First I have it warm. After it has been placed in the fridge, I had it chilled.

      Delete
  16. What a lovely flower. We love sweet corn, and the dish you made sounds so good and refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sweet corn is my favourite and when roasted amazing

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love oleander but because it is poisonous I will not have it in the garden. keep safe Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane for the information. Stay safe too.

      Delete
  19. I have read and commented on your post.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What gorgeous flowers!

    It's great to see your link at 'My Corner of the World' this week !!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So much ingredients in your tong sui! Will go bankrupt if open stall hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha...hubby too complained too much ingredients which I agreed too. Just eating the tong sui is enough to fill the stomach.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...