Friday 13 August 2021

Fish Noodle For Breakfast, ABC Soup & Angled Luffa For Dinner

I was busy taking snapshots of the morning sky on my morning walk. After every snapshot, I will have to catch up with hubby who went ahead of me.

Dawn at 6:50am
Sunrise at 6:55am
Sunrise at 7am
7:25am
Will we have rain later in the day?
We decided to buy fish noodle from our regular stall to support their business.
1 portion of fish noodle at RM9 + 4 pieces of stuffed item.
2 pieces of leftover cake.
Fish noodle with generous portion of Chinese cooking wine.
The stuffed items are priced at 80 cents per piece.
These are made and fried by the boss himself.
Orang Firecracker flowers from my garden.
~~~~~
Simple home cooked dinner.
ABC soup
Ingredients: Carrot, potato, tomato, onions, a piece of thumb sized ginger and chicken bones. I forgot to add crushed white peppercorns.
Angled luffa, remaining green vegetable, dried shrimps, egg and garlic.
Sometimes I don't have the mood to cook but have to especially when there are perishable items that need clearing from the fridge. So "ching chai" or simply cook.


For God, who said, "Let there be light in the darkness,"
has made us understand that it is the brightness of his glory
that is seen in the face of Jesus Christ.
But this precious treasure - this light and power
that now shine within us - is held in a perishable container,
that is, in our weak bodies.
Everyone can see that the glorious power within
must be from God and is not our own.
(2 Corinthians 4:6-7, The Living Bible-TLB)

56 comments:

  1. You've got some good food there! Yum! And yes, they need all the support we can offer at the moment. #FridayBliss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ching chai dinner does not look ching chai at all lol. I love to eat angled luffa, soft, easy and nice to eat. Long time did not have ABC soup, my mom has been cooking a lot of bkt soup lately. Enjoy your weekends Nancy. Today's weather in sg is cooling with drizzle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that you mentioned bkt soup, I am thinking of cooking bkt soup too. Happy weekend.

      Delete
  3. Good to support the stalls business. The fish noodle is so good value for money with such huge portion. Ya if got perishable items in fridge to clear, must cook to eat and not waste them. I too will simply microwave or steam them to eat. At least you seasoned your dishes Nicely for dinner. 👍 The Orange Firecracker flowers are so pretty! Looks like got so many petals for one flower. Do you know how many petals each flower has?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! If I remember, I will count the number of petals and let you know.

      Delete
  4. Love the 2nd shot. Rained heavily here, dark and gloomy all morning.

    Love the look of your fish noodles, look so yummy! I like sweet corn in ABC soup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It rained heavily for a few days and then stopped.

      Delete
  5. LOL at "ching chai"...my mom asked what we would love to have for the dinner..."ching chai" was usual answer. The soup looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I am the "ching chai" person. Anything also can.

      Delete
  6. Last photo of the sky is good as is the food and your flower

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...I love the green window in the dawn at 6:50am image, it pops. Enjoy your weekend Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greetings and Salutations! It isn't easy taking photographs with someone else who isn't taking photographs. Yes, catch up if walking or other choices drive by or stop the car. I hand hubby sudoku and pen. He enjoys doing that when we stop the car and I walk around area to find the shot. Helping out food stalls is a kind thing to do. Food looks yummy! Orange flower is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely shots from the morning sky and crunchy breakfast! Miss our home firecrackers which we grow in pots in our former house.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The skies at your place are always stunning. That green dish appeals to me very much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful sky photos, beautiful flower, yummy food!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You made me laugh. After all these years, my wife quit waiting on me while I took photos, she just walks on ahead of me and doesn't look back so I am always stopping, taking photos, and then scrambling to catch up to her.
    Great food, great skies!, great scripture!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I so love all the food you post. You and your husband eat so very well.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. That first shot is a spectacular sight.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful Friday post! Wonderful dishes too! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. the sunrise pics look lovely and the food looks delicious! :)

    Hope you are having a good weekend :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice clouds in morning. I like to make my own soup for dinner. Lovely flowers. It's been hot this week and hazy sky due to smoke in air but not too bad. 10% chance of rain on Monday and hopefully it will arrive for awhile and soak our dehydrated land. Nice scripture verse. Hugs and blessings. ..Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Becky. I can hear thunder rumbling, hope it will rain in the night.

      Delete
  18. Soups look so yummy.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bella flor. ricos fideos. Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your posts are so full of lovely things, it cheers me up to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very nice photos. Wonderful looking food and a beautiful flower.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cielos maravillosos. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning Crossandra , Thanks for sharing with Garden Affair.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...