Monday 2 August 2021

Dim Sum For Breakfast & Chicken Chop For Dinner

The weather is still hot and humid and there was no rain in our area. For a few days, the weather forecast said there will be light shower in the late afternoon but what we got was a few drops of rain i.e. if it can be counted as a light shower. 

Dawn at 6:50am
6:50am
Morning sky at 7:03am
Sunrise at 7:06am.
7:06am
7:09am
~~~~~
I couldn't think of what I wanted to eat, so I ended up buying dim sum for breakfast. The dim sum restaurant is just within walking distance from my house and there is no need to queue in the early hours of the morning.
4 fish balls, 2 yam puffs and 2 steamed buns with pork filling (san yuk bao).
Big fish balls at RM2.50 each.
Yam puffs, crispy and flaky on the outside.
Gold cup flowers.
One of the plants doing well in the hot weather.
~~~~~
I couldn't think of what to cook for dinner. I looked through what I have in the freezer and finally took out the boneless chicken legs to thaw before marinating them.
I ended up cooking chicken chop and chicken soup for dinner.
Not a nice presentation but it will do (okaylah) as long as it is acceptable to our own  buds. We each had 1 chicken leg, 1 fried egg, some pan fried boiled potato and tomato slices.
We received the above fried noodle from our neighbour. Since we had eaten our dinner, we kept it in the fridge for the next day's breakfast.
Mural on the concrete wall surrounding a nearby Chinese school.
Filial piety is a virtue of respect for one's parents, elders, and ancestors in the Chinese culture.

Linking to Monday Mural.

Never tire of loyalty and kindness.
Hold these virtues tightly.
Write them deep within your heart.
(Proverbs 3:3, The Living Bible-TLB)

50 comments:

  1. Gosh, I want some yam puffs! They look droolworthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The yellow flowers are beautiful! Your chicken chop western meals look like from a restaurant. Very tasty! Is that mushroom sauce on top of the chicken chop?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. It is actually black pepper sauce but looks like mushroom sauce. I cooked it too thick.

      Delete
    2. The colour makes me think of mushroom sauce, 😆 black pepper sauce should be very tasty because got a little pedas.

      Delete
    3. Both type of sauces I like but I prefer black pepper sauce with a little kick. Lol!

      Delete
  3. Lovely sky as always and the food looks nice, you certainly have a wonderful neighbour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My girl loves those yam puffs - none at that dim sum stall near my house. I guess I shall have to go elsewhere if I wanted to get those for her.

    Just wondering, are you one of those who enjoy your fried eggs like that? I love them with the egg yolk runny - when we were small, we would ask for the "nanah" egg - "pus" in Malay. Eyewwwwww!!! LOL!!!

    Your neighbour's fried bihun looks good! Your plants all look so healthy! I'm so envious!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I prefer the yolk soft but not runny. Not every restaurant makes good yam puffs.

      Delete
  5. I always love your sky shots. Golden cup flowers looking beautiful in their yellow colours.

    I would enjoy your western dinner as I love to eat the chicken chop, the potatoes and the egg. Yums! It is good to go Western once in a while. Plus got soup some more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Libby. Once a while, nice to have Western meals.

      Delete
  6. Great food and wonderful mural.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review and beautiful photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice to have a dimsum shop nearby! I just had some after a long time... took advantage to jalan2 after vaccination and gathered a lot of food before heading home. :)

    Yeah weather really hot recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before MCO, we seldom have dim sum but under MCO, we tend to have it more frequently.

      Delete
  9. ...Gold cup flowers are new to me. Thanks you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All delicious food. The golden cup flowers are so pretty.
    Beautiful mural and love the Chinese quote. We should all be kinder.
    Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Buena comida como siempre. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would have the noodles dish for my lunch. Yum, yum.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh the food. Oh the food. Delicious food all day long.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. That dim sum looks gorgeous! I want some now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. As much as i like the sweet potatoes, someday i would like to taste a yam puff. The gold cup flowers are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The food looks great - how nice of your neighbour to drop off the noodles for you! :) I've never tried a yam puff before but it looks really tasty!

    Hope your week is off to a good start :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like those murals, they are so sweet and heartwarming! - http://www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bello mural me gusto la comida se ve muy rica. Ten una buena semana

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great Mural.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such great photos and interesting food

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...