Friday 20 August 2021

Steamed Curry Buns, Herbal Chicken Soup & Sauteed Snake Beans

Bored with the recent dull and gray sky of rainy days, I went through the archive and found the following sky shots which were taken on the last day of June, 2021. 

Sunrise at 7am.
On the reverse side, view of Kledang Hill at 7:05am.
Sunrise at 7:07am.
Sunrise at 7:10am.
Sunrise at 7:14am.
Sunrise at 7:14am.
Sunrise at 7:15am.
~~~~~
On this Wednesday morning, we didn't buy anything for breakfast because we had 4 steamed buns in our fridge which our neighbour bought for us.
While the buns were steaming in the steamer, I make milo for hubby and Bru coffee for myself.
Soft and fluffy steamed buns with curry chicken and potato as filling.
~~~~~
From my garden.
Peace lily bud.
White spathe and beige spadix.
From white and beige, it slowly turned to light green.
It will remain like this before it dries up.
~~~~~
Home cooked dinner.
Herbal Chicken soup.
Free range chicken with Chinese dried herb (yuk chuk), red dates and goji berries.
Sauteed French beans and home grown snake beans with garlic, dried shrimp and chilies.
This was our dinner with steamed rice on a rainy evening.
Peace Lily plants grown in a pot.


My son, do not forget my teaching,
but keep my commands in your heart,
for they will prolong your life many years
and bring you peace and prosperity.
(Proverbs 3:1-2, The Living Bible-TLB)

51 comments:

  1. That's one thing we can't find here - curry buns! Foochow town, I guess - not so into curry. LOL!!! I fried rice the other morning with dried prawns and I did not pound them - just like you. Blogpost on it coming soon!!!

    Your chicken soup must be mighty delicious with all those herbs. Slurpssss!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too lazy to pound the dried shrimps so I usually use them whole or chopped.

      Delete
  2. At first I thought the flower was a calla, but I googled peace lily and now know what it is! Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Herbal chicken soup on a rainy evening is so comforting. It floods in Singapore today too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Libby. Today we had sunny morning but now it looks like it is going to rain.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful sunrise, Nancy. So are your white lily plants. Enjoy your homemade meal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely sky. Peace lily, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful sky. I wish we had some rain. We're supposed to get some later this week which we really need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are now enjoying the rain and cool weather before the hot weather returns.

      Delete
  7. ...I love your peace lily, enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greetings and Salutations, Nancy. It is Hot and Humid in Illinois, U.S.A. Two more weeks it will be September when we will experience cooler weather during the days and nights. Relief is in sight. I am enjoying an iced tea while looking at the delicious food you make, the wonderful sky images, and BEST of all the peace lily stages. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope rain will come soon to your place. Take care and stay safe too.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful photos and your food looks really yummy. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful skies and even more wonderful food. My stomach is again growling.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the curry chicken potatoes baos. Wish could get them near my place. They must be very tasty. Where did your friend buy them? Is the shop near your house? Very beautiful sky photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. Sorry, I don't know from where my neighbours bought the baos.

      Delete
  12. A beautiful sunrise! I had a Peace Lily for many years, it lived inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. I place the peace lily in a semi shaded place.

      Delete
  13. Wonderful patterns in those skies.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yo tenía lirios de paz pero se me murieron. Ricos bollos te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are beautiful skies and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! I love that buns with curry chicken and potato stuffing. Reminds me of Kampar's famous Giant Curry Bread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, TM. I miss the giant curry bread too. I think we have it in Ipoh too.

      Delete
  17. Yummy dinner with that herbal soup. The snake beans look very appetising with dried shrimp and chilli.

    ReplyDelete
  18. beautiful flowers, skies, and food - who could ask for more

    ReplyDelete
  19. El cielo se ve precioso. Besos.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...