Saturday 21 August 2021

Mee Jawa, Yam Bean Fritters & Steamed Chicken

This was a Wednesday, 2 weeks ago. It was another day with gloomy sky.

Sunrise at 7:45am.
For breakfast, hubby went out to town to buy mee jawa.
I thought of buying fried noodle but the stall was closed.
So, we drove back to our own place to buy my favourite - yam bean fritters. I bought 4 pieces at 90 cents per piece.
We also bought the above - 3 pieces for RM5.
From top clockwise: siew pau, curry puff and yam puff.
We shared the above for lunch. I cut everything into halves.
From top clockwise: yam puff, siew pau & curry puff.
We had the above for breakfast and lunch.
~~~~~
Home cooked dinner.
Steamed free range chicken (half a chicken) with tong kuai slices, ginger slices, red dates, and goji berries. This time I forgot to add in home made glutinous rice wine.
Steamed home grown green brinjals and purple brinjals, sprinkled with garlic oil, oyster and soy sauce.
Steamed home grown snake beans and ladies' fingers, drizzled with garlic oil, oyster and soy sauce.
I didn't want any rice, so I cooked 1 packet of Indomie instant noodle for hubby. Add a spoonful of spicy dried shrimp chili to the noodle.
The above 2 big plates of vegetables were the reason why I didn't want any rice.
~~~~~
From my garden.
I was watering my plants when I spotted these big grasshoppers.
One was piggybacking on the other.
These 2 were big grasshoppers. They weren't there when I went to check in the evening. They were probably paying a visit to my garden


Dear brothers, you are people who do not belong to this world.
You are like visitors who are on a journey.
I beg you, do not do the things your body wants to do.
Those things fight against your soul.
(1 Peter 2:11, Worldwide English-WE)

56 comments:

  1. 4 pieces for 90 sen, so so so cheap!!! Oooo...the yam puff! My girl loves that - no good ones here! Siew pao looks good too!

    The mee jawa sure looks different from the ones we have here. Ours is reddish with the sweet potato in the gravy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will usually ask for extra sambal for the mee jawa if I were to order but this time hubby ordered, so the colour was minus the sambal oil.

      Delete
  2. I love eating this and that items like the mix and match items you bought for breakfast until I don't have stomach space for main meals. Do you think the two grasshoppers are mating? They are like, excuse us, ma'am, may we have some privacy please!? 😁😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha... I accidentally happened to spot the pair of grasshoppers. Oopps, sorry! No wonder, they moved elsewhere after that. Hahaha.

      Delete
  3. The puff pastries are looking good :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Siew pau, curry puff and yam puff for me anytime! I would love to eat steamed food more often and I find it very convenient and wholesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, PH. I agree with you on steamed food, convenient and easy.

      Delete
  5. I love to see your food, so different to what we eat here. Yours looks very delicious, and healthy. Those grasshoppers are really huge, great photo! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Nancy,
    Our skies look very similar here. The yam puff look delicious, the meal does look healthy. The grasshoppers are big and colorful. Great captures! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a happy weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen for hosting. Happy new week.

      Delete
  7. The yambean fritters sure look like cucur udang.

    You were so close to those grasshoppers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I could just reach out and touch the grasshoppers. Surprisingly, they were not scared off by my presence.

      Delete
  8. I love to eat steamed chicken very much, home made must be even more delicious! I must have rice with the dishes, if not it would be too flavourful for me. That's just me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I decided not to have rice, I will put in less salt or else it will be too salty for me.

      Delete
  9. Yummy post today. I like yam puff. The prawns fritters too. Drooling but try not to take too much fried food. Sinful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually, I can resist fried food, easily tempted this way. Lol!

      Delete
  10. ...those are quite the grasshoppers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That grasshopper has such interesting patterns. Great food as always, love your daily routine.

    My latest post:
    https://craniumbolts.blogspot.com/2021/08/off-season-visit-to-hoskote.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. My visits here make me smile. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The fritters and the puffs are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The fritters and puffs look so good! I have never seen grasshoppers like this! so colorful and big! I bet they could do a lot of damage to plants, have they been eating yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. They have been chewing on some of the leaves but so far, no serious damage to my plants.

      Delete
  15. The yam fritters look really excellent - and so reasonably priced. But the stars of the show this time are those fabulous grasshoppers. I would have really enjoyed seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, David. It was a bonus getting to see the grasshoppers.

      Delete
  16. Thanks for the beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The grasshoppers are a neat photo. Glad they didn't stay and eat all your plants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they didn't like me intruding their privacy.

      Delete
  18. Those grasshoppers are big, and as usual, you have so many good meals.

    ReplyDelete
  19. deseara probar los pastelitos d e ñame. Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  20. Bi9g grasshoppers and unusual colour for me, your breakfast looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hola, Nancy. Yo que soy muy goloso, entre la deliciosa comida que has preparado hoy, hecho en falta el postre. Aquí en Andalucía (España) solemos decir: que una comida sin postre es, como ponerse un traje, sin corbata. Me encanta los dulces.
    Que tengas un bonito y feliz domingo.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dear friend! Your Sunrise photos are always beautiful. I love this one too. Bye the way, indomie instant noodllee looks delicious. Happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those are the biggest grasshoppers I have ever seen!!! Great food!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your sky photo, sort look like distant water picture.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  25. Saltamontes muy interesantes. Besos.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...