Friday 27 August 2021

Roast Pork + BBQ Sausage Rice & Instant Kampua Mee Noodle

This was one of those mornings with clear sky and white clouds.

View of Kledang Hill at 7:15am
Kledang Hill at 7:28am
7:28am
7:30am
7:45am
7:50am
~~~~~
We walked over to the shops to buy breakfast.
We have tried the yam bean dumplings or chai kuih (right) and we like it, so we bought 3 sets. Kept 1 set for ourselves and 2 sets for our neighbour. We chose the set consisting of stuffed green chili, tofu, brinjal and bitter gourd. 4 sets for RM10.
Hubby walked over to the next door coffee shop to buy 1 packet of nasi lemak, 1 you tiao and 2 ma keok. Whatever we couldn't finish were kept for tea or lunch.
This nasi lemak is only RM1.50, cheap and tasty.
Deep red Caladium from my garden.
It is now growing well under semi shade.
Hubby went out to buy roast pork and bbq sausage rice. I taxed 2 spoonful and ate whatever was left from breakfast.
A friend dropped by to collect something from me and gave me 3 tuna buns. I ate one and then only remember to take a snapshot. These 2 were kept for afternoon tea.
These plants died a few times and I thought I lost them for good but after a while, surprisingly they reappeared. They seem to like this new place under semi shade, so I won't move them anywhere else.
For dinner, I cooked instant Sibu Kampua noodle (gift from a friend) to eat with fried chicken (from our neighbour) and home cooked sambal stinky bean with minced pork.
A big rainwater droplet collected on the leaf.
This is one of my favourite caladiums.


And remember that your heavenly Father to whom
you pray has no favorites when he judges.
He will judge you with perfect justice for everything you do;
so act in reverent fear of him from now on until you get to heaven.
(1 Peter 1:17, The Living Bible-TLB)

58 comments:

  1. The Caladium are gorgeous, as are the tuna buns! I want to make some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder what brand your neighbour gave you, the Sibu instant kampua mee. I know Claire had that not too long ago, an unfamiliar brand but she liked it a lot. Chai kueh looks good. Are those yong tofu, dry/fried ones? I love them in clear soup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only remember reading Sibu Instant Kampua Mee, didn't check the brand. It was fried stuffed tofu with some taucu sauce.

      Delete
  3. Stunning blue skies! I have not seen a clear sky in days, always raining... The red Caladium is very decorative and your dishes delicious. Warm greetins, riitta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty blue sky pictures! Love the Caladiums too. I bet you must have enjoyed the yummy dishes as much!!
    Visiting from SkywatchFriday for the first time, Nancy. Wish you a relaxed and blessed weekend.
    Cheers,
    Esha
    https://mysoultalks.com/a-balmy-blue-sky-day-in-osaka/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Esha for visiting. Have a blessed weekend.

      Delete
  5. The clouds are just so beautiful, so are the red caladium from your garden. I love the roasted pork and sausages!

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice blue skies and green hill scenery! i m drooling at the roast pork rice and nasi lemak!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The deep red caladium reminds me of purple or red cabbage. I wonder can the deep red caladium be eaten. Do u know? The chai kueh and ytf, 4 sets for RM10 is really a super duper good price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea whether it can be eaten or not. I once cooked purple cabbage and hubby refused to touch it. Lol!

      Delete
  8. Beautiful sky shots with such a nice blue in the sky. I just had siew yuk rice a few days ago, yums! I can see the droplets of water on your caladium plants.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your plant is lovely and seems to be very happy where it is growing. The pork meal looks delicious. The sky is good too, always changing as you walked along.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It must be really pleasant to go for a walk in the cool of the morning before breakfast. Everything looks so good,

    ReplyDelete
  11. So much Kueh, food bought for breakfast. Oh, the Nasi lemak looked good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. Cheap and tasty nasi lemak.

      Delete
  12. ...the roast pork and bbq sausage rice would be my choice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoyed the photo of the roast pork and bbq sausage. I wish I could eat it with noodles. I love noodles Nancy.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those tuna buns would go well with tea. I love your red calladiums. Such a pretty color.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your caladiums are beautiful, such a rich color. I love your sky photos, such a beautiful shade of blue and what I call steel gray clouds.
    Again, I love how you share food with your neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Delicious food as always. I wish we were close so hubby and I could treat you to a wonderful dinner and enjoy food and fellowship together.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. That would be wonderful. Have a fabulous weekend.

      Delete
  18. The food looks good, but the clouds are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a deep blue color in your skies. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful photos and delicious food! Have a great day! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can smell the coffee.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  22. Some beautiful sky shots here today, Nancy. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Greetings and Salutations! Yummy! I think I will go make a cup of tea. Chew on a peanut butter and chocolate bar. And then look at more photographs on SkyWatch.

    ReplyDelete
  24. There are so many fascinating cloud patterns.

    While i've seen green caladiums, and green with yellow and green with red, i've never seen red. They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi. This is very special and unique caladium.

      Delete
  25. Los cielos se ven preciosos. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh I thought red plants like plenty of sunshine.

    Wow so much sambal on the nasi lemak bungkus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stacy. The small ciku tree is providing enough shade for the caladium.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...