Tuesday 3 August 2021

Fried Spicy Noodle, Yellow Jelly Ice & Fried Wonton Noodle

The first thing I do when I step out of my gate in the morning is to look out for the sunrise.

Sunrise at 7:17am
Sunrise at 7:17am. That is hubby walking ahead of me.
 On the left is the concrete wall of a Chinese school painted with Chinese art.
Sunrise at 7:27am
~~~~~
Every morning we pass by a roadside stall selling nasi lemak and fried economy noodle. Sometimes, we will order his breakfast and collect later on the way back.
Fried economy noodle with fried egg and sambal (Indian style).
Daikon flower from my garden.
~~~~~
I went out to buy coconut water but there was a long queue at one stall and the other stall was not nowhere in sight.
Instead of returning home empty handed, I drove over to the nearby food court to buy 3 tubs of yellow jelly ice. The extra tub was for our neighbour. Yellow jelly ice with sprinkling of salted sour plum (assam boi) powder is good for quenching thirst on a hot and humid day. Yellow jelly ice is also known as "wan tau long".


For dinner, I fried wonton noodle with back smoked bacon, carrot, napa cabbage and home grown chives from my garden.
This spicy chili oil is great to go with the fried wonton noodle.
I saw this book displayed at the Gopeng museum, so I did some search on the internet. Datuk Seri Dr N.S. Selvamany, a passionate teacher and school principal, passed away at the age of 93. His dedication to educating young minds earned him the state "Tokoh Guru" award in 1996 and the national "Tokoh Guru" award in 1997. He was also conferred with an honorary doctorate in Education by Universiti Malaya.


Not many of you should become teachers, my fellow believers,
because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly.
We all stumble in many ways.
Anyone who is never at fault in what they say is perfect,
able to keep their whole body in check.
(James 3:1-2, New International Version-NIV)

59 comments:

  1. Golden sun rise as our days get hotter. Both of you are so disciplined to go walking every sun rise! I like economy rice and noodles and it was a big part of my breakfast when I first started working and money was a little tight. I like the Chinese painting on the wall, simple with chrysanthenum flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much easier for us elderlies to be disciplined because we wake up early.

      Delete
  2. The mural is really pretty. And I want the noodles and eggs, they looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Economy noodles look so good. How much is a pack like that? Your own fried one looks great too, bet it goes so well with the spicy chili oil.

    No sunrise to see here, drizzling...and it has been cloudy all day. Thankfully, no rain, nice & cool weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just plain economy noodle is RM2 a packet. With egg added, it is RM3. We just had a light shower and it was not enough to wet the ground. Sighhh..

      Delete
    2. Different stalls charge different price. This one is cheap and taste good.

      Delete
  4. 4th photo of the morning sky is pretty.
    The wanton noodles are looking good and I like the mural.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tapau fried noodle looked yummy with the sambal. Been a week, we did not go for morning walk. Haha. School holiday last week so I was lazy to gey up early. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the 4th photo of the sky shot with the golden colour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The morning sky photos are so beautiful. Yellow jelly ice sounds really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have not eaten yellow jelly ice before. It sounds very refreshing, just what I like. Do you know what gives it the yellow colour?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This yellow jelly ice is very refreshing especially on hot days. I have no idea what gives it the yellow colour.

      Delete
  9. Oh, you made me all hungry!! To a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...once again blogging has taught me something new. I had never heard of Dr N.S. Selvamany. Thanks Nancy for the history lesson this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. First time seeing a daikon flower!

    That's the same as 'aiyu jelly'?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I googled and found that aiyu jelly is the same as this yellow jelly.

      Delete
  12. Love the floral mural! So many beautiful dishes of food!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all these noodle dishes. What is the name of the special noodles that you cook Nancy?

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We called it the wonton noodle. Lol! May sound weird to you.

      Delete
  14. The fried noodles eat with sambal chili must be very delicious. The flower mural is very nice!

    ReplyDelete

  15. I love the spicy pasta dishes.
    You quoted some very wise words at the end of the post.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful morning. I'm getting ready to go for a walk too.

    Love all the food. I'm so hungry this morning, but I have a couple of hours before it's breakfast time.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. Hope you enjoyed your walk and your breakfast.

      Delete
  17. Lovely skies, and i like your description of jelly ice. That's another thing i would like to try someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love the jelly ice. Take care and stay safe.

      Delete
  18. It is so smart of you two to take a walk every morning- healthy and happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathe. Walking is the only exercise we both can do together.

      Delete
  19. Beautiful sunrise photos, thanks for sharing! <3 - http://www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Chinese school looks interesting

    ReplyDelete
  21. Los amaneceres siempre se ven bonitos. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Grown Daikon. But never seen a flower from it.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I delayed in pulling out the daikon. When the flowers came out, the daikon were over matured.

      Delete
  23. Thanks so much for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2021/08/american-tobacco-campus-durham-nc.html

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...