Thursday 26 August 2021

Soy Sauce Prawns & Blanched Baby Chinese Kai Lan

This was one of those days with gloomy sky.

I managed to take a snapshot of this sunrise at 7:10am before it disappeared behind the clouds.
~~~~~
After morning walk, I took out our breakfast from the fridge to steam.
The sponge cake and 4 bbq pork buns were from our neighbour.
Hot milo for hubby and black coffee for me.
Sweet fragrant Gardenia from my garden.
~~~~~
Home cooked dinner.
Pan fried soy sauce prawns.
Blanched baby Chinese kai lan, drizzled with garlic oil, oyster and soy sauce.
Deep fried potato wedges, using 2 remaining potatoes before they start to sprout shoots.
Delicious dinner on a cool evening.
Sun setting behind the hills at 7:13pm.

I am the LORD, and there is no other;
apart from me there is no God.
I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged me,
so that from the rising of the sun to the place of its setting
people may know there is none besides me.
I am the LORD, and there is no other.
(Isaiah 45:5-6, New International Version-NIV)

42 comments:

  1. Bbq pork buns look good! How much are those prawns over there? Look big, should be around RM30 a kilo at least?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know the price of the prawns because a friend bought and gave me a packet.

      Delete
  2. I’d certainly go for those prawns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the simplest and easiest prawn recipe.

      Delete
  3. Great sky photos, and your food, once again, looks very delicious. An your florl plates are beautiful, too! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prawns dish is delicious! Deep fried potatoes wedges are also very tasty 😋, can replace rice. Did you use an air fryer to deep fry the potato wedges?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have air fryer. I wanted to buy one but still procrastinating.

      Delete
  5. I would be very happy to eat your dinner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, PH. Soy sauce prawns can never go wrong.

      Delete
  6. ...I'll have the pan fried soy sauce prawns please.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicious dinner, indeed! Beautiful silhouette over the sunset and nice bloom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, Pan fried soy sauce prawns. Hungry for prawns, Yum, yum Nancy.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Paul. I will need to buy some prawns.

      Delete
  9. Oh the food. It looks so very tasty. I ate some of it.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pan fried prawns and kailan look good. Love the scenery of sunrise and even sunset. Lovely flower too.

    ReplyDelete

  11. But it was delicious breakfast. Have a nice weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The potato wedges look awesome! I bet your entire yard smells beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. Only where the Gardenia plants are.

      Delete
  13. Lindas gardenias, me dio ganas de probar los langostinos. Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  14. Blessings......delicious food and stormy skies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your sunrise and sunset were cloudy, it makes for a more interesting composition.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It been a while since I done any wedges. Talking about doing some roasted fennel
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dora. Take care and stay safe too.

      Delete
  17. I have my eye on those lovely greens.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Delicious dinner indeed! Dishes more than rice haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stacy. Yes, sometimes no rice at all.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...