Friday 29 May 2015

Roast Duck At New Old Friend Restaurant, Kuala Kuang, Chemor

Last week, one afternoon I followed my hubby to Chemor. After he had finished whatever he needed to do there, it was time for lunch. We wanted to eat roast duck rice but the shop was closed. So we went to another shop in Kampung Kuala Kuang. I have heard about Kpg Kuala Kuang but I have not been there.

Hubby was driving so I was free to take photos from a moving car. Sometimes I have to ask hubby to slow down his car. Good thing there was not many cars on the road to Kampung Kuala Kuang.
Entering Kampung Kuala Kuang.

A signboard on the right says, "Clean and beautiful garden, Kampung Kuala Kuang"

Police Station on the left.

Shop houses on both sides of the road.

New Old Friend Restaurant, started business on 09.07.2014, not even 1 year old.

Clean and bright, nice place to have our lunch.

The time was about 1.30 pm, there was no crowd. Since this is a small place, mainly residential, I think there is no peak time or fixed lunch hour.

A plate of roast duck for 2 persons. Served separately with 2 types of sauce.

Duck meat is tender and tasty.

Roast duck with white rice and the soup is free. While eating, I noticed there is a rojak stall opposite the shop. We didn't try the rojak.
After lunch, time to go home. Leaving Kuala Kuang, Selamat Jalan!
Nice drive, light traffic and good weather but it looked like rain clouds were forming and it may rain in the late afternoon.

Linking to Skywatch Friday.

He covers the sky with clouds;
He supplies the earth with rain and
makes grass grow on the hills.
He provides food for the cattle and
for the young ravens when they call.
(Psalm 147:8-9, New International Version-NIV)

44 comments:

  1. The roast duck looks so good!

    So cars drive in the left lane in Malaysia? Cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Lili...we drive our cars on the left lane.

      Delete
  2. The roast duck looks succulent! Your photos are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love roasted duck! Juicy, tender and crispy skin. Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose, I too love roasted duck....more than chicken.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for taking us along:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome, Joy. Have a good day!

      Delete
  5. Nice or not? Next time we go if sedap! 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the main shop closed, we have this shop to go...to me it is sedap n can try the rojak too hehehe

      Delete
  6. Now that really did look impressive, I am a great fan of roast duck. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and wishing you a wonderful weekend too.

      Delete
  7. Such lovely. Love how you share about food and of course your life after retire. I'm always thinking about what can I do after I retire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before, I used to think also but somehow the actual turned out quite differently, Happy weekend to you!

      Delete
  8. There is such a variety of food places in your country! Super!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My country is a mixture of different cultures and we have wide variety of food available!

      Delete
  9. I love duck but then afraid of uric acid, haiz....but once in a blue moon should be fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can take moderately, not too much of anything but a little of everything!

      Delete
  10. 'Kampung Kuala Kuang'... quite a mouthful to say. What fun to explore all these nooks and crannies of the country!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually we will say Kuala Kuang and leave out the kampung. Sometimes good food are hidden in these nooks and crannies!

      Delete
  11. Roasted rice is one of my favourite... hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  12. The arch way is so antique with chinese words written on 3 sides. I am amused at the chinese words used for kuala kuang which literally means melon (gua) pull (la) bright (guang).

    Thank you for sharing with us how kuala kuang village looks like. So peaceful. I like to eat roast duck more than roast chicken but only duck breast meat that I like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mun, for interpreting the Chinese words for me. Duck breast meat is the best part to eat.

      Delete
  13. That looks delicious - I always get hungry when I visit your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rolina, good, then you will have good appetite. Happy weekend to you!

      Delete
  14. the duck looks good! i love that entry gate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Theresa. Not every town or village has this gate!

      Delete
  15. Oh yummy. I love roast duck and have not had it in years. Thanks for taking me along.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  16. the duck rice looks tasty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thomas, looks and taste good. Happy weekend!

      Delete
  17. Looks very nice (even though I'm vegetarian!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh that looks GOOD. Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice town! I had roast duck rice yesterday for lunch~



    ( '>
    /))
    //""

    ALOHA from Honolulu,
    ComfortSpiral
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you enjoyed your roast duck rice. A great day to you!

      Delete
  20. Roast duck happens to be one of my favourite nom noms. This looks delicious, Nancy! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon, this roast duck is really yummy! Have a pleasant day!

      Delete
  21. I only tried roast duck once and liked it :) Maybe it's time for round two? ;) xx Maja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Maja, time for round two!!! Have a great day!

      Delete
  22. Replies
    1. Hi Lina, it is also very tasty! Have a great day!

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...