Sunday 10 May 2015

Hakka Mee Breakfast @ Kopitiam Pie Hao, Menglembu, Ipoh

Last Thursday, after our early morning walk we met up with our friends for breakfast. Few days earlier we were talking about Hakka tofu and our friends suggested going to this place in Menglembu which is very popular with the local residents.

It was quite early about 8.40 am when we reached this place and it was filled with customers. There was only one small table available and it was better than none and we settle for it before someone else did. Anyway it was enough for 4 people.

My friend ordered for 4 of us and we had to wait for our turn. I noticed that customers kept coming and filling up every empty table.
Hakka tofu is good, but not as good as the Jelapang tofu.

There are 3 types of fried stuffed fish items.

The best hot selling item is the round one, deep fried yam bean cubes wrapped with bean sheet. These are freshly deep fried next to the stall and the customers just pick them up. The next best hot item is the long bean sheet roll with fish paste. I have to agree that these two items are very good and tasty.

4 plates of Hakka mee, taste wise okay.

The fried stuffed fish "liew" being snatched up very fast. Waiting for the next batch to be fried.

The boss and his helpers.

The customers are mainly from the residential area.

Kopitiam Pie Hao, Lorong Kledang Timur 15, Menglembu, Ipoh.

So then, my brothers, when you come together to eat,
wait for each other. If anyone is hungry,
he should eat at home, so that when you meet together
if may not result in judgement.
(1 Corinthians 11:33, New International Version-NIV)

40 comments:

  1. These cooks must be kept very busy with the popularity of the restaurant. If I ever went there I would need help as I have no idea what anything is :-) Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will need a guide to take you around and also to show you.

      Delete
  2. Happy Mother's Day to you. Here today we celebrate Mother's Day and families take their mother to the restaurant and reservations is usually needed.
    The food looks good.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Mother's Day to you too. This day has become very commercialized and expensive to eat out.

      Delete
  3. I'd need to walk lots of miles to help with all the calories I would enjoy here! =) blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With all the fried foodstuffs...definitely need to walk extra miles.

      Delete
  4. I love tofu, would love to try these dishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eimear Anne, hope you will enjoy these dishes.

      Delete
  5. A restaurant that must be good judging by the popularity of it. Have good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very popular with the locals. A good day to you too.

      Delete
  6. My favorite would be the fish, it looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fish balls are tasty. Have a good day!

      Delete
  7. Hi Nancy,
    Hope it's not too late to wish you 'Blessed Mother's Day' !
    Looks good though I've not eaten Hakka mee.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Mother's Day to you! Looks like the deep fried food items are very popular here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mun, the fried items are very popular.

      Delete
  9. Everything looks great, Nancy. Happy Mother's Day to you, my dear friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. A happy day to you too!

      Delete
  10. your food looks tasty but completely different from Polish one

    ReplyDelete
  11. It all looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love tofu! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love tofu too! Have a great day, Tina!

      Delete
  13. great blog :)

    http://www.itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yummy! I love Hakka stuffed tofu. After all I am a Hakka. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rose, I love Hakka dishes even though I am not a Hakka. Have a great day!

      Delete
  15. terrer leh...can see the liu all people sapu habis...hahaha....must be very nice la

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once the deep fried "liew" are placed on the metal tray, very quickly gone!

      Delete
  16. The stall is doing very brisk business! I would love to eat all the deep fried items hee..hee..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deep fried are my favourite but not good for health.

      Delete
  17. I can't help but admire the taugeh. Short, fat and crunchy - just the way I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You come to Ipoh, can easily get these fat n short taugeh!

      Delete
  18. I like such places - small, well maintained and looking a bit like a home's kitchen:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of our eateries are like home kitchen.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...