Thursday 28 May 2015

Dinner At Restoran Brogla In Broga, Semenyih

What a disappointment it was to find the food photos in Broga missing from my smart phone a few days after I came back from my holidays in Semenyih. Lately, some photos have been disappearing from my smart phone, must be some cranky problem with my smart phone! I remembered I was asked to share the photos with my hubby through Whatsapp the night itself. He wanted to forward the photos to a friend who couldn't be with us.

When I found the photos missing, I thought they were gone forever. It was only much later that I realized that our friend may still have a copy of the photos. I quickly messaged her to ask whether the photos are still with her or not, or whether she has already deleted them from her smart phone. What a relief when after a short while later, she forwarded back the photos to me. Thank you so much, Michelle, for the photos!

The first evening we arrived in Semenyih, we were taken to Broga for dinner. Our host had a few places in mind but finally decided on Broga when I mentioned that my ex-colleague highly recommended Restoran Broga.
We arrived about 7 pm and there were already many cars parked there and about 5 to 6 tables were occupied by customers.

This view was taken from where our cars were parked.

Inner portion of the restaurant.

After our orders were taken, we sat back and entertained each other with our updates, jokes and conversation. But after more than half an hour, we noticed that the dishes were very slow in coming out from the kitchen and the other tables that were before us were still waiting. The mosquitoes were having a feast, biting & sucking blood from our legs under the table. I got up from the table to walk about to escape the mosquitoes and took some photos. Looked like the mosquitoes were targeting only a few of us but not the others. Maybe Ipoh blood taste sweeter...lol!
The waiting time was exceptionally long that evening. Previously, when my ex-colleague & her family were there for lunch, I was told the waiting time was normal.
Finally, the dishes started to arrive at our table. Plain steamed fish (pak soh koong in Cantonese). Garnished with ginger strips, garlic oil and coriander leaves.

Green tender fern stir-fried with spicy prawn paste. (Sambal belacan sayur paku-pakis).

Bitter gourd egg omelette.

I like this tasty tofu, crispy on the outside, silky smooth and soft on the inside. I think its chopped salted radish & minced meat as topping.

Deep fried mantis shrimp with salted egg, crispy and very tasty.
Cost of dinner MYR 166 for 9 people (45.63 USD)

For supper - our host opening the durian fruits for us.
Looks like I was not the only one busy taking photos.
I love durians, I love the smell and I love to eat durians!
I am durian crazy, durian freak or lau leen choong in Cantonese!
2 big super yummy fruits, what a feast!

How priceless is Your unfailing love, O God!
People take refuge in the shadow of Your wings.
They feast on the abundance of Your house;
You give them drink from Your river of delights.
For with You is the fountain of life; in Your light we see light.
(Psalm 36:7-8, New International Version-NIV)

34 comments:

  1. Not into durian any more. Used to eat a lot as kids as parents love them so much and bought a lot from countryside. Some how I lost interest in durian as I grew up. Lol.

    I love all the dishes you ordered.

    Maybe you should bring your phone for a check up. Maybe something wrong with data.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose, at one time I lost interest in durian but later the interest came back again. I think you are right, I better send my phone for checking.

      Delete
  2. It all looks fascinating, a feast for the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Worth waiting if the food is good :p...I must try the tofu the next time I am there but lunch la coz since you say mosquitoes sucking blood. How much is the total bill?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for asking abt the bill...now only add in the price...the dinner cost RM166.00. Surprising only a few of us complaining about the mosquitoes, the rest of the us & other customers looked like no complain about mosquitoes.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never tried durians. Looks delicious!

    Arrow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Arrow, either you love it or you hate it. Some cannot stand the smell!

      Delete
  6. All the dishes are heavenly. Paku pakis, my favourite of all. **hi 5**...another durian queen to join you for the durian feast, hahaha!!!!...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Irene, **Hi 5** Looking forward to our durian feast hahaha!!!

      Delete
  7. Hi, I'm from Kajang. Just visited to this place few weeks ago. That time still not the Durian time, oh , we missed durian :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lay Hoon, thank you for visiting. I hope you will get to taste the durian soon. Kajang is famous for its satay.

      Delete
  8. some of the foods are familiar to me. We have the same from my homecountry Philippines!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Hi Theresa, durian has thorny, thick skin and very strong smell. Some find the smell too strong for them.

      Delete
  10. Oh yummy on all the great food you have all the time. And the price was so very reasonable for nine people. Excellent. Thanks for sharing your wonderful dinner.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee...a fabulous day to you too!

      Delete
  11. I like the durians best! Hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never had durian, so I have no idea what they taste like. They look very interesting.
    Here, sometimes we have to wait longer times in restaurants as well. It doesn't happen very often, though - Americans are very impatient (that's probably why there are so many fast food places here which I personally dislike. Food has to be enjoyed with time).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have fast food here but we only eat them once in a while. If we are not in a rush, most time we won't time the waiting for a reasonable time.

      Delete
  13. It seems that food in your country is cheap comparing to Europe..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the price is reasonable but compared to Euro currency, our salary is very low.

      Delete
  14. I feel hungry just looking at the photos. I love bitter melon. I have yet to try Durian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do try when you have the chance, then you will know how the taste is like.

      Delete
  15. I had bitter melon omelette last night too. My husband loves durian. I don't, but I love it in candy form.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too like durian in candy form too. Have a great day!

      Delete
  16. Omigosh..am drooling over the food. The durians look sooooooOo good. I can only eat one or two biji before I start feeling uncomfortable but I used to be able to gulp down more. Not sure what's going on with my tummy these days! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon, I used to eat a lot but now cannot eat that much. Our digestive system not as good as before hahaha!

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...