Monday 18 May 2015

Breakfast At Restoran Hong Xing Dim Sum, Bercham, Ipoh

On Wednesday the 13th May, I had a breakfast date with my pensioner's group. Before I retire, I was thinking that once I retired, I would have very slim chance of meeting up with my office friends and colleagues. But somehow it turned out that even after we have retired, we are still regularly meeting up with those who have retired and also with those who are still working.

We would regularly meet up for breakfast and sometimes for lunch. With the modern technology, it is so easy to just send a message through the smart phones to call for breakfast or lunch dates. And once we confirmed the venue and time, we will meet up for fellowship over a simple or sumptuous meal. It is not so much about the food but it is the fellowship, jokes and laughter we look forward to.

So on Wednesday morning, on her way to send her daughter to college, my friend picked me up from my house. After dropping her daughter at the college, she drove to Bercham to buy some vegetarian buns. When she heard that I have not been to the dim sum restaurant in Bercham, she was so accommodating to decide on having our breakfast there. So here was our dim sum breakfast.
Baked egg tarts - soft, flaky and loose pastry.

Deep fried crispy yam puff with savoury filling.

Steamed fish paste balls with some green peas.

Steamed prawn dumplings. Prawns very fresh.
Deep fried radish square and deep fried minced meat coated with melon seeds and almond flakes.
Total cost for the above dim sum items excluding the vegetarian bun MYR 24.70 (incl. 6% GST-goods and service tax)
This is the vegetarian bun that my friend bought in Bercham. The bun skin is very soft and spongy. It tasted good too.

I was told that the place will be very crowded during the weekends.

God will surely do this for you, for He always does just what He says,
and He is the One who invited you into this wonderful friendship
with His Son, even Christ our Lord.
(1 Corinthians 1:9, The Living Bible-TLB)

36 comments:

  1. How wonderful to still meet up with old work colleagues, the food certainly looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I consider it very blessed to be able to stay in contact with old colleagues even though we have left the work place.

      Delete
  2. You are so fortunate to be able to meet up with your retired co-workers.
    The food looks very tasty.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julia, I am indeed very fortunate to be able to meet up with my retired co-workers and yes the food is very, very tasty.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great time with great food! I have only ever had dim sum in San Francisco and it was very delicious but way, way more expensive than what you guys paid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jojo, in a way we are very blessed to be able to enjoy great food and at a reasonable price.

      Delete
  4. Indeed a scrumptious breakfast. Great food with great company. That's the way to go, enjoy retirement life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Irene, we are indeed very blessed to be able to continue to enjoy each other's company and friendship, meeting up over good food. I am really enjoying my retirement life.

      Delete
  5. Good to have friends that stays intact no matter what age are:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy, our age varies but we are good friends.

      Delete
  6. adoro provare piatti nuovi e andrei in questi locali per provare piatti nuovi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maria for your visit and comments. I too love to go to new places to try out new dishes.

      Delete
  7. how nice that you continue to get together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Theresa, we are very fortunate to be able to get together.

      Delete
  8. The dim sum looks delicious and the price is very good too! Your friend is Claire?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mun, Claire is one of my friends but she is not staying near my place. This is another of my ex-colleagues who stay behind my house.

      Delete
  9. So delicious - and affordable too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ladyfi, the food is indeed delicious and affordable. Have a great day!

      Delete
  10. Hello ,
    You have such an amazing site.
    Food looks tempting, what a wonderful day with good old friends :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Aunt Mary for your visit and comment. It is a blessing that we are all staying in the same city and meeting up is quite convenient.

      Delete
  11. Okay, it's morning here and now I'm hungry. Everything looks so good.

    Have a fabulous day and thanks for visiting Comedy Plus. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandee, thanks for your visit and comment. Have a great day!

      Delete
  12. The food looks wonderful! Did you work in the same place as Claire? Where did you work and how long have you been retired?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ginny, Claire and I both worked in the PWD. I have since retired about 1 yr 2 mnths.

      Delete
  13. The vegetarian pau looks so good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonder do i have chance to meet you when i go Ipoh, wink wink...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to meet up with you when you come to Ipoh.

      Delete
  15. tell them the egg tarts no need to cut into two. I can finish one by myself. look sooooo yummy

    this one opposite Giant punya ka? Think Claire bring us there before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Kathy, it is opp Giant, nearer to Claire's place.

      Delete
  16. Wonderful breakfast you had. We should have a good breakfast to keep us healthy and to be active the whole day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Have a good day!

      Delete
  17. Nancy, all the dim sum items looks pretty good. I especially like crispy yam puffs. The deep fried minced meat coated with melon seeds and almond chips is rather interesting. I have not seen anything like it before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phong Hong, crispy yam puff is one of my favourite. I like the fried item coated with melon seeds and almond chips because it is very crispy and I like to bite and chew on the nuts.

      Delete
  18. This looks so good, I love dim sum but it's hard for me to order correctly even here in Australia as the staff usually speak Cantonese/Mandarin only and I cannot :-( I've never tried melon seeds like that before

    { sparklesideup.com }

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Over here, the dim sum trolley will be push beside our table and we will see and choose whatever we want. Maybe you can try by pointing to what you want, much easier this way.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...