Friday 8 May 2015

Visit #1 Heritage House (Muzium Gopeng) Gopeng, Perak

After our lunch with our friends in Lawan Kuda (posted 6 May, Wednesday) we say our goodbye to our friends and drove to Gopeng town hoping to visit someone there. When we reached her house, we found out that she was not in. So we took a drive around Gopeng town. It was quite a while ago since we last visited Gopeng and we noticed some changes there.

As we came to the roundabout, I spotted this wall painting on the side of the wooden building. These 3 horses were painted on wooden planks of the side wall. The painting looks so realistic.

A mini garden on the roundabout.

A rough layout of the tourist attractions in Gopeng. While I was taking this photo, hubby called me and informed that the Heritage House was opened. I have not been to this place since its opening.

I was excited and I quickly crossed the road to the Heritage House. I have been waiting to visit but didn't have the chance until now.
The address is No. 6, Jalan Sungai Itik, 31600 Gopeng.
Opens on Sat & Sun only from 9 am to 3 pm.
Close for lunch 12 pm to 1 pm. 
The place was crowded with visitors, it was a long weekend with public holidays. This museum closes at 3 pm and we were given about 15 mins before it closes. I didn't go to the 1st floor as there was not enough time. It only opens on Saturday and Sunday. But the lady was kind enough to inform us that there is another Muzium Gopeng (Gopeng Museum), just a short walking distance away.
Antique sewing machine.

Vintage charcoal irons for ironing clothes. I have used before. They are very heavy.

Left pic - an antique raincoat.  Right pic - a barber chair.

Imitiation of a barber's shop.

Left pic - kitchen cupboard (meat safe).
Right pic - display cupboard

A fire-wood stove. I too have the chance to use one before.

Stone pounder or grinder. These are very heavy.

Left pic - wax paper umbrellas to shelter from sun and rain.
Right pic - a hanging basket to transport goods between 1st floor to ground floor or the other way round.

Left pic - a hanging bird's nest and an anchor.
Right pic - antique standing fan, it is still functioning.

An earthen water pot.

Kerosene lamps.

At the back of the museum there is a little tea corner.
Visitors can sit down for a cup of drink.

A mixture of old-fashioned and modern.
There is also a table selling souvenirs.

Left pic - a standing clock with pendulum.
Right pic - a long thermometer.

Old fashioned ceramic tea-pots.

A baby weighing machine.

Old fashioned bicycle with a dulang washer's equipment for tin mining.

Termed as prosperity black gold or tin ore lode.

Antique motorcycle.

Stand up in the presence of the aged,
show respect for the elderly
and revere your God. I am the LORD.
(Leviticus 19:32, New International Version-NIV)

53 comments:

  1. I heard of this place but never been there yet. Wow...that iron very old leh. My grany used to have one. but i think throw away liao

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the visit to the heritage house. Some stuff cannot be found now. My mum used to have that sewing machine but I think she thrown it away many years ago.

    I like that horses painting too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We also didn't keep the old things. I too like the horses painting.

      Delete
  3. I just love the appeal of vintage things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All these old things become priceless now.

      Delete
  4. I love all the vintage things here, and the horse painting mural is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love vintage stuff, always brings me back from the old times <3

    Join my giveaway
    www.sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, the good old days......thank you for visiting and comment.

      Delete
  6. Like to visit heritage house. Can see a lot of antique things like iron, barber chair, 5 ton bicycle...etc. Oh boy, the iron, I have used it before, so heavy & used charcoal. Brings back sweet memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too have used it. Remembering the good old days where things are more simple.

      Delete
  7. I loved the vintage charcoal irons, they were a real delight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. first, loved the mural. nicely done! and loved the wood stove and the raincoat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The raincoat is really ancient. First time seeing this one.

      Delete
  9. Thank you, De. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember using similar heavy irons when I was a young girl and everything needed ironing. Ours was heated on a wood stove.
    Thanks for sharing your museum tour.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julia, yes I remembered that everything is starched and needs ironing.

      Delete
  11. Wow, so much here to love! My favorites are the horse painting, the old sewing machine and irons, and the parasol, and the tin mining bike and the long thermometer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ginny, the horse painting is my favourite too. All the antiques are priceless now.

      Delete
  12. This is so nice, loved the water pot - so many years have passed and it's still so beautiful! And of course the horses painting - I keep seeing this kind of paintings here in Canada, in old towns, guess it was a real thing back then)
    Happy weekend!

    Tanya
    www.stripesnvibes.com
    BlogLovin

    ReplyDelete
  13. My great grandparents had those sewng machines and irons, So educational post. Love from Poland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had these too, but back then we didn't know how to appreciate these.

      Delete
  14. My great grandparents had those sewng machines and irons, So educational post. Love from Poland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had these too, but back then we didn't know how to appreciate these.

      Delete
  15. Beautiful pics, iI enjoyed especially the gorgeous earthen water pot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely pot. Many are using these pots to grow water lily plants. Beautiful decoration for the garden.

      Delete
  16. Reminds me of Hawaii's plantation village which is the last such to preserve the homes and shops of the workers from Asia, Azores, Porto Rico, Good that the ways of our ancestors are remembered and honored as you show VERY Well, Nancy! Blessings



    ALOHA from Honolulu,
    ComfortSpiral
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cloudia. We too apppreciate this effort by the museum.

      Delete
  17. The vintage raincoat looks a bit creepy. What is it made of?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I felt too, Mun. I couldn't see clearly, looks like straw or some kind of fiber.

      Delete
    2. Mun, I've googled and its call Chinese Coir Raincoat, woven with coconut palm fiber.

      Delete
    3. Thank you for the answer and for looking it up.

      Delete
  18. Replies
    1. Thank you, Falasha, for your visit and comment.

      Delete
  19. That wall painting is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very nice place! Beautiful photos dear! Kisses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carolina. Have a happy weekend!

      Delete
  21. very beautiful
    dazzlingzest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I remember those charcoal irons used by mt grand aunties when i was small!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phong Hong, I used this for ironing our clothes when I was young.

      Delete
  23. Looks an interesting place.
    I do like the horse mural

    ReplyDelete
  24. Some horsing around and great antiques. Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tom, for your visit and comment.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...