Saturday 23 May 2015

Having A Good Time In Semenyih

Today, I am suppose to post about the dinner we had in Broga and the durians that we ate for supper the day we arrived in Semenyih but I couldn't find the photos. I must have misplaced or accidentally deleted the whole lot. So clumsy of me!

Anyway, after our durian supper, some of us played mahjong games till past midnight. The rest of us just sat around, exchanged updates and chit chat until we went off to bed. That ended the first day in Semenyih.
Next morning, Saturday, I woke up early and took this sunrise photo. Some of us were already up and about, but those who played mahjong the previous night were not yet awaken from their beauty sleep.
We went for our morning walk with our host outside the compound. A nice place for morning walks because it was very quiet, the air fresh and no traffic at all.

Fruit trees and plants in the backyard.

Passion fruits - fruiting season almost over, only last few fruits waiting to ripen.

Preparing to go out for breakfast at Semenyih market and do some marketing for the night's steamboat or hotpot dinner.

The prices here are much cheaper and some of the things sold here are not sold in Ipoh's markets. Markets are very interesting places.
Yam bean salad rolls wrapped with seaweed. This is my first time eating this. I love it and will go back for more on my next trip. I should have taken pictures to show what they put inside. Hopefully I will remember when I go again.

Dry stirred wheat flour noodle (pan mee dry version) with deep fried dumplings (wanton), deep fried anchovies (ikan bilis) and minced meat.

Curried steamed flat rice noodle (chee cheong fun) with deep fried stuffed beancurd served in a stainless steel plate.

Banana leaf wrapped nasi lemak, tasty with plenty of sambal paste and peanuts.

Friendly games of mahjong to pass the time.

I have not mastered this game yet, so I didn't join in.
Finally, dinner time!

Ingredients for steamboat or hotpot, mostly bought from a frozen food shop near the market. So many variety to choose from.

In the old days, whenever we have steamboat or hotpot gathering, there will be loads of tedious washing, cutting and preparing of ingredients but nowadays almost everything was prepared and frozen, even meat were thinly sliced, vacuum packed and ready to be used.
The ingredients I enjoyed most is the veggie and soup.
We over-estimated the ingredients for 9 people. Left over more than enough for another round for next morning's breakfast.
Boiling pot of delightful, yummy treasures!

And now, my little children, stay in happy fellowship with the Lord
so that when He comes you will be sure that all is well and 
will not have to be ashamed and shrink back from meeting Him.
Since we know that God is always good and does only right,
we may rightly assume that all those who do right are His children.
(1 John 2:28-29, The Living Bible-TLB)

28 comments:

  1. Beautiful place, fun games and great food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy I love markets because you can buy there lovely cheap and original products. Lovew from Poland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gosia. Love and happy weekend to you!

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful place! Good food and good friendships.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to go to markets too, they are always so much cheaper and I love the hustle and bustle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be moving from stalls to stall, looking at all the interesting things on sale.

      Delete
  5. Your days there seem to be so nice and pleasant .... have a lovely weekend !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Geraldine, Happy weekend to you!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful place. I love early morning walk, air is fresh. Marketing is fun, going from stall to stall & lots of interesting things to see.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Nancy, lovely sunrise. The market visit looks like a fun time. The food looks delicious too. Mahjong is my favorite game to play. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eileen, mahjong your favourite game? I like the game but I am not good at it.

      Delete
  8. Lovely experience in a lovely place. I'm excited for my own vacation soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lux, where will you be going for your vacation? Have a great time!

      Delete
  9. i really like the garden arbor! beautiful place you stayed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the garden too, can grow many fruit trees!

      Delete
  10. What a lovely place you're able to enjoy and all that wonderful food. Wish I could be there too.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a good weekend! Have a fabulous day too!

      Delete
  11. It is nice to get up so early, the day seems to be much longer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is true, with more hours awake we can get a lot of things done.

      Delete
  12. What a lovely place to have morning walks. Is this a new taman in Semenyih? Makes me want to retire there. Enjoy the rest of your stay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed a good place for retirement, very quiet and peaceful!

      Delete
  13. Nice place, nice foods, nice fellowship ya, hehe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  14. By golly, I have not played mahjong in a very long time. Miss those days. Thank you for sharing your moments, Nancy. I love reading about it. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are most welcome, Sharon. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...