Wednesday 6 May 2015

Lunch At Restoran Xin Qi Jia Fa, Lawan Kuda, Gopeng

Last Saturday morning, while we were having breakfast, I received a whatsapp message from our friend YTM who is now residing in Subang Jaya. He informed us that they were in Kampar for a family camp and he wanted to meet up with us at his family's house in Kopisan, Gopeng. He and hubby are from the same kampung (hometown or village).

So after breakfast, we drove to Kopisan, Gopeng. We spent time chatting and catching up with one another at his family house. Time just flew by and it was time for lunch. Our friend insisted that we had lunch in Lawan Kuda before leaving for Ipoh. This is the friend that will insist on eating his favourite Kopisan Lai Fun (rice noodle) whenever he comes back to his hometown.

So here we were in Lawan Kuda, a short drive to this neighbouring town. My hubby and I just had our dinner in Lawan Kuda the previous week but it was a different restaurant. This time our friend YTM decided on Restoran Xin Qi Jia Fa, which is only a few shops away from the one that we went to.
Once again we had snakehead fish cooked into 2 dishes. The boneless meaty part was cooked with dried chilies, big onions, spring onions, etc. (kung po style). It was very tasty.
The rest of the fish was cooked in soup with salted vegetable (hum choy). Again this was a very appetizing soup and we finished the soup and everything in it!
A kind of fern (paku choy) stir fried with sambal belacan. This fern is not always available.
Prawn and onion omeletter. This was our lunch for 4 people.
We were some of the early customers.

Restoran Xin Qi Jia Fa, along main road of Lawan Kuda, Gopeng.

I no longer call you servants, because
a servant does not know his master's business.
Instead, I have called you friends,
for everything that I learned from my Father
I have made known to you.
(John 15:15, New International Version-NIV)

40 comments:

  1. Wow...I have never eaten snakehead before...looks good...the paku choy aso looks good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is san yu or ikan haruan la...I am sure you have eaten ...lol!

      Delete
  2. What a pleasant time with friends-



    ALOHA from Honolulu,
    ComfortSpiral
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  3. The omelette looks particularly good. Nice to catch up with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy, I love the paku-pakis fried in sambal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snakehead fish....No thanks but I love the paku in sambal belacan. Just this dish I can finish my rice in a jiffy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too like paku in sambal belacan, especially with white rice.

      Delete
  6. You always have the most interesting dishes!! Have a wonderful day. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tanna. A wonderful day to you too.

      Delete
  7. Seeing the Prawn and onion omelette makes me crave for it, hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am always into fishes. Yummy dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. glad you could meet up with friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad our friends purposely took off from camp to meet up with us.

      Delete
  10. I love fish and these look like interesting ways to have it. Sounds like you had fun!
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both fish dishes very nice and yes we had fun tog.

      Delete
  11. We have fiddlehead ferns that we pick along side of the river in the spring and they should be ready as soon as the water recedes. Yummy... Thanks for sharing this interesting meal.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like to eat fish slices like this, very easy to eat, no need to take care of the bones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mun, yes, no need to worry about the tiny bones.

      Delete
  13. Looks like a great time, Nancy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It would fun to eat there for me

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your blog, reading the verse at the end of the post made me like "awwwwwww" nice to be reading christian bloggers here! :) Hope to know more about you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stevevhan, you are most welcome to visit. And thank you for your nice comment. I too would like to know you better.

      Delete
  16. It all looks lovely, especially the soup. Wow, the inside is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The soup was very tasty and place very nice and comfortable.

      Delete
  17. Hmmm it seems you had a great moment with nhammy food! :) Oh and thanks for your comment, you're too kind, sweet! Have a lovely day :) Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Nancy,

    Everything I see your post, I see lovely Asian dishes... These ones too!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  19. It looks like a really nice place! Thanks for sharing!

    Tanya
    www.stripesnvibes.com
    BlogLovin

    ReplyDelete
  20. Rather a lot of food for 4 people? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacy, actually it is for 5 people. We packed the food for my friend's mom because she complained of leg pain.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...