Sunday 17 May 2015

Simple Lunch At Yau Kee Restoran, Kampar

After our visit to the Kinta Tin Mining Museum and the short walk at the Westlake Garden by the lake side, we drove to Kampar town looking for lunch as we were feeling very hungry.

At first we drove to the food court but found out that it was only opened for the morning session and by lunch everything is cleared up. Since there were only two of us, we wanted something simple and my friend suggested Yau Kee Restaurant.
We ordered a plate of fried rice vermicelli (single portion)

A plate of very tasty and yummy Noodle with Braised pork rib and yam or taro (single portion). This is the first time we have tasted noodle cooked this way.

A plate of green vegetable (choy fah)

A very satisfying meal for 2 person.
It was not a very busy lunch hour.

Total cost of lunch for 2 persons, incl. drinks MYR 24.40 (incl. GST)

This restaurant is famous for its popular Curry Chicken Bread.

After we have finished our meal, we walked to the next block of shops to buy some biscuits. We came to this stall with freshly baked biscuits in front of a shop.

Bought one or two of each to try. Then we started our journey back to Ipoh after a fulfilling time spent in Kampar.

He is close to all who call on Him sincerely.
He fulfills the desires of those who reverence and trust Him;
He hears their cries for help and rescues them.
He protects all those who love Him, but destroys the wicked.
(Psalm 145:18-20, The Living Bible-TLB)

33 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Theresa, we enjoy each other's company too.

      Delete
  2. It looks really delicious and very healthy - well, until you showed the biscuits, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha..Rolina, after I have finished the biscuits only remembered I have forgotten to take pics, so I only showed the box..lol!

      Delete
  3. It looks really good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those meals made me hungry. Must be really good:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very tasty, especially the pork rib and yam dish!

      Delete
  5. No photos of the one of each to try? Or are you going to write a post on them?

    I have not seen noodles with pork ribs and yam too. Should taste nice I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mun, no post on biscuits because no pics of them...forgot to take their pics...lol!
      The pork ribs and yam very tasty.

      Delete
  6. looks interesting but is it delicious?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to eat there, Nancy



    ( '>
    /))
    //""

    ALOHA from Honolulu,
    ComfortSpiral
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cloudia, this place is worth going, the dishes not bad.

      Delete
  8. To me, the fried vermicelli looks the best!! I wish I could taste it, or even make it myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ginny, the fried vermicelli is very tasty.

      Delete
  9. It looks like a lot of great food. I always overcook my stir-fry veggies.
    Thanks for sharing.
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julia, the Chinese likes the veggie green and lightly blanched or stir-fried.

      Delete
  10. first thought....So Cheap!

    now my must try food list is growing longer liao :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My "must try" food list is also getting longer...lol!

      Delete
  11. Yes. Very yummy and satisfying lunch. I would like to try that chix curry puff.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this post but i love the verse better! Really made my day. It's as if God is telling me those verses, -----striking! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very a encouraging and assuring verse. Praise and thank God for this verse.

      Delete
  13. Nancy, that was a simple and yet satisfying meal! Oh, I love baked goods and if I pass by one, I cannot resist buying something :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phong Hong, that was what happened to us, especially the freshly baked ones, just the smell will pull us.

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. The biscuits are tasty, but I forgot to take pics of them.

      Delete
  15. Looks amazing food for so little money.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many choices! Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
  17. The vermicelli does look very simple... not much ingredients? Eat with other dishes ok lah.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...