Wednesday 20 May 2015

Enjoying Night View At Kinta Riverfront, Ipoh

After our dinner at Restoran Peng Yew in Lawan Kuda, Gopeng, we made our way back to Ipoh. The night was still young and we were discussing about where we should go. After a hearty meal, someone suggested going to Kinta Riverfront to take a walk and it was agreed upon because our friends have not been there before.

Since it was a weekday, there was no crowd and many of the stalls were closed. But the lights were on and it was a pleasant walk around the place. We all tried to take some group photos but our mobile phone cameras were not equipped for night photos. Anyway, I tried to snap photos of the beautiful lighted trees and these are what I managed to get with my mobile phone camera.
I have passed by this place a few times at night but have not stopped to take a walk before. I was very pleased to be able to walk along this riverfront with my friends and to enjoy this beautiful coloured views.

I took these 2 photos from the black bridge, when I was crossing over to the other side of the river.

All kinds of bicycles, tricycles, rickshaws and etc. for rental. There is nice, wide concrete path for those who wants to cycle along the river.

There is also a cafe where drinks and snacks are served.

When I came during the day, the tin mining museum stall was not opened. That night I found it opened, and I went in to have a look. The above picture is the wooden tray used by the female dulang washers to search for tin ore.

Photo of a tin mine.

Female dulang washers, fully covered from head to toe to protect themselves from the hot sun.

Photo of a palong.

This photo of the brown bridge all lighted up is taken just outside the tin mine museum stall.

The tall building is the Ipoh Riverfront Hotel. Behind the hotel is the PWD office where I worked before my retirement.

A very nice place to spend an evening with family members and friends, to enjoy a leisure walk after dinner or to sit on the concrete slab to chat or relax.

We are now crossing the brown bridge back to the other side of the river.

We saw this artist painting a portrait of a couple inside his stall. He was very engrossed in his work, he didn't even look up when we walked passed him.

Cute paintings on stones.


My two brave girl friends posting with the dinosaur painting on the wall. The street light on my left cast eerie shadows on the wall
and made the dinosaur even more real looking. 

Here ended our walk and we have one more place to go to...looking for a place to have a drink and some snacks and more fellowship.
Sorry for the messy food on the plates. Half way through only remembered to take photos. Lol! Nothing unusual for me because I am always forgetful. We had BBQ chicken (satay), oyster omelette, cuttlefish and water convolvulus (kangkung) with spicy peanut sauce and stir-fried clams in spicy sauce and drinks at the Kam Wah Food Court in Ipoh Garden. Finally, it was around midnight when we said our good nights and headed for individual home until we meet again the next day.

Look! I have been standing at the door, and I am constantly knocking.
If anyone hears me calling him and opens the door,
I will come in and fellowship with him and he with Me.
(Revelation 3:20, The Living Bible-TLB)

44 comments:

  1. The night shots are amazing, love the coloured trees. I also love the rocks, the bikes for hire, the artist, the dinosaur... it is a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The night scenes are stunning with such pretty lights. I loved the stone painting very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, beautiful lighted trees...reminds me of i-city in Shah Alam. Love the paintings on the stones, so cute & creative. The numbers 35, 10, 50 represents the cost of the paintings or what? Just curious to know. Ermm...1st time I heard of musum open at night. Bet it's a wonderful night walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Irene, I am not sure about the numbers, we didn't ask because we were just passing by and I stopped to snap some pics.

      Delete
  4. Would loves to visit the place if there's chance...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you come over for a visit, you will have the chance.

      Delete
  5. wonderful post, I love the lights at night. Beautiful captures..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen, this is the best that I can get with a mobile phone camera..lol!

      Delete
  6. Nice time spent with friends and with awesome sorroundings and good food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a very good time together. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  7. your friends' posing are cute. :) lovely lighted area!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friends are very photogenic! Have a great day, Theresa!

      Delete
  8. I love those cute paintings on those rocks. I think they're cute. This walk looks relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If this place is near my house, I would love to go there every evening.

      Delete
  9. The Riverfront hotel seems good to stay in so that at night we could walk out to enjoy the lights at the Riverfront. I also find it weird that the museum opens at night but not during the day. What a feast at night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The museum is not open in the day because the place is only busy in the night and weekends.

      Delete
  10. Great night shots and the food looks so good. I love the paintings on stones as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The paintings are very good, I love them too!

      Delete
  11. The trees look like Christmas time, wonderful bikes and painted pet rocks. Neat stuff! Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Nancy!!! your night pictures are beautiful! Stunning! Gorgeous!! and I love the light reflection in the water! So they are my favorite, along with the bridge at night and the bikes and rickshaws.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. The night pictures are the best I can get with my mobile phone camera. But I am happy with them.

      Delete
  13. The hotel looks impressive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hotel is quite new and it looks grand.

      Delete
  14. Wow, amazing photos...so colorful and pretty/ I also love the reflections.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's a pretty amazing place by day or by night. I love the lighted trees and bridge.
    It must be wonderful to not have to cook so many meals.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually, we will eat out when we come together with our friends.

      Delete
  16. What a beautiful place - saving it to my "want to travel there" list!
    And what about those cute cute cat painted rocks - I want them all!

    Tanya
    www.stripesnvibes.com
    BlogLovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are cute cats & other animals painted on the rocks, I think they made very good souvenirs to take home.

      Delete
  17. That looks like an amazing place! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  18. got bicycle to rent ah. wah syok leh. hopefully have kids ones too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would love this place, one family can cycle on one bike also!

      Delete
  19. Oooo. I love walking along the riverfront. Breezy and colourful things to see at night.

    Wow! Snack? Look like a supper to me. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha...you are right, looks more like supper lol!

      Delete
  20. Nancy, the Kinta Riverfront sure is colourful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice pictures even with your mobile phone! Oh I do like those painted stones.

    If that dino had been a snake I'd have crossed over to the other side of the road haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacy, if it had been a snake, I wouldn't have take the pics to show. Like you, I would flee!!!

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...