Saturday 2 May 2020

Bak Chang & Mangoes

It was drizzling on and off the whole of yesterday, 1st of May (45th day MCO). No lovely sunrise, just gray sky when I went out to check first thing in the morning.
Sunrise at 7:30 am.
There were many birds flying past but only 1 bird was captured in the above picture.
Sunrise at 7:41 am.
Morning sky at 8:17 am.
Overcast sky at 9:41 am and for the rest of the day.
~~~~~
We ordered glutinous rice dumplings (bak chang) through our friend, Reana Claire. No increase in price of bak chang (RM5.70 per dumpling) and no delivery fee.
Hubby returned home with the dumplings at about 10:30 am. I ordered 7 dumplings and gave 1 to my neighbour (her housemate has gone home). Since we already had a light breakfast (biscuits and milo), we kept the dumplings for lunch.
After steaming and wrappers removed.
Bak chang with black eye beans and salted egg yolk (visible on the side).
I apologize for the not so clear image.
Other ingredients include dried shiitake mushrooms and 2 pieces of pork belly,
~~~~~
Dinner
I had a packet of beansprout (taugeh) in my fridge.
In Ipoh, we get nice fat and short beansprouts.
I washed and remove the mung bean skin from the sprouts.
Blanched beansprouts together with homegrown chives, red okras and long beans. Drizzled with garlic oil, oyster and soy sauce before serving.
The frozen pork belly was thawed and re-steamed for dinner.
Too much gravy after steaming, I should have thicken the gravy.
2 dishes dinner without rice. Taro took the place of rice.
Yesterday morning, we went to the supermarket to buy some essentials. I bought 2 types of mangoes, 1 papaya, a packet of stinky beans (petai), chicken fillet, and etc. Except for the mangoes and papaya, other items not shown in photo.
~~~~~
While I was standing in queue waiting to enter the mini market one morning, I was looking here and there, up and down. I dare not look at my mobile because have to be alert to possible snatch thief after watching all the videos on social media. When I was looking up, I saw these pigeons.
 This pigeon was resting on the air con compressor
 This one was perched on the power cable (above pic) and it was busy cleaning itself (below pic).
Birds are also to keep clean throughout the MCO. We have to queue, wear facial mask, have our temperature taken and our hands sprayed with sanitizer before entering the mini mart and etc. We have to keep our hands clean by washing our hands regularly with soap and water to stay clean and safe from the virus. 

Linking to Saturday's critters.

Sprinkle me with the cleansing blood and I shall be clean again.
Wash me and I shall be whiter than snow.
And after you have punished me, give me back my joy again.
Don't keep looking at my sins - erase them from your sight.
Create in me a new, clean heart, O God,
filled with clean thoughts and right desires.
(Psalm 51:7-10, The Living Bible-TLB)

48 comments:

  1. beautiful photos and evrithing looking delicious!!!
    Wishing you a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carolina. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  2. Adoro sempre i tuoi piatti :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got a very good price for the Bak chang! Yes the taro can act as rice. The taugeh could soak up the taro gravy, so delicious! Do you know the names of the two types of mangoes that you bought?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw and forgot the names of the mangoes.

      Delete
    2. I saw that the mangoes very fresh, didn't pay much attention to the names. Quickly take whatever stuffs I wanted, paid & got out of the place because a long queue was waiting outside.

      Delete
  4. I love savoury pork dumplings! The beansprout stirfry looks very tasty too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those fruits are so delisious! I haven´t thought before that there is several types of mangos! I have bought only mangos :D It´s so interesting to follow your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are many varieties. All shapes and sizes.

      Delete
  6. Everybody is eating bak chang, i must go get my bak chang fix.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, it is important to keep everything clean. I am not so sure if the pigeons know how to do that. Your food and fruit all look delicious. Thank you for linking up and sharing the post. Take care! Enjoy your day, wishing you a great weekend! PS, thank for leaving me a comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen for hosting. Have a beautiful weekend.

      Delete
  8. ...free delivery is a plus these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have to order a minimum amount to get free delivery.

      Delete
  9. Wonderful morning skies! Usually mango season would started by may, but we couldnt see it anywhere this time. Yes, cleanliness keep anything infective away
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the season to enjoy the mangoes.

      Delete
  10. Even the cloudy skies, with the different colors and swirls and patterns, have their own beauty. As usual, delightful meals and i also like the pigeons.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wonder how long the pigeon will stay there? I know some people consider them annoying, but I do think they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have made the place their home. The shop owners find them annoying and a nuisance especially leaving behind their droppings all over the place.

      Delete
  12. The dumplings look so tasty, not something that I have ever had before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like glutinous rice, then you will like these dumplings.

      Delete
  13. You share so many interesting foods I'm not familiar with. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Margy. We have many more interesting food which I have not shared.

      Delete
  14. I guess I could get those wrapped dumplings in Chinatown here in Hawaii, but I rarely go to Chinatown. Looks good, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might get these dumplings in Chinatown. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  15. Good bible verse to go with today's post. We are in pretty much the same straits are you are there. How many are infected there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Latest update: 6,176 confirmed cases, 4,326 recovered and 103 deaths.

      Delete
  16. Happy Saturday :) Food as always look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Bak Chang is very cheap. We cannot get at this price here.

    It is wise to stay alert in the public place as too many snatch thieves are desperate now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The situation is not good. No work means no pay, the worst hit are those daily paid workers.

      Delete
  18. Feliz día de la madre para ti.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bakchangs look good.

    Ipoh has the best beansprouts!

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...