Sunday 17 May 2020

Curry Noodles, BBQ Buns & Teochew Porridge On A Lovely Day.

Yesterday (60th day MCO) we woke up to a cool morning. We waited till it was bright enough to go out for our morning walk in the area in front of our house. For the time being, we have not been to the recreational park.
Breaking of dawn at 6:43 am.
7:07 am
Just before we set out on our morning walk.
 It so happened that my phone camera was ready to take snapshots. No time to delay, quickly click to capture these 2 images.
 I don't what birds but some of the common birds in my area are the pigeons, house sparrows, tailor birds, mourning doves, and etc.
 7:09 am.
 7:19 am
 7:20 am
 7:24 am
~~~~~
Breakfast
Hubby went out to town to buy Ma Jie curry noodles from Restoran Yee Lock.
 Dry curry noodle for hubby and curry noodle soup for me.
 You may think that the curry is very hot because of the red oil but it is not.
 Sweet and healthy snack: Mangoes
~~~~~
Lunch
 2 big bbq buns from a friend and some leftover long bean omelette.
 Soft and fluffy bun with generous bbq pork filling.
~~~~~
Dinner
 Hubby likes the above salted fish (mui heong).
The salted fish pieces comes in a plastic bottle soaked in oil.
 Steamed 1 piece of salted fish with ginger strips.
This is hubby's favourite.
I cooked this dish known as 4 heavenly king or "sei tai tin wong" in Cantonese. This dish consists of 4 types of vegetables such as dark purple eggplant, long beans, red ladies fingers and stinky beans.
 Dinner for 2 people.
Hubby had plain rice porridge and I had a small bowl of plain oat porridge. 
A mural showing 3 construction workers building the brick wall.

Unless the LORD builds a house,
the work of the builders is wasted.
Unless the LORD protects a city,
guarding it with sentries will do no good.
It is useless for you to work so hard
from early morning until late at night,
anxiously working for food to eat;
for God gives rest to his loved ones.
(Psalm 127:1-2, New Living Translation-NLT)

52 comments:

  1. I had mangoes too a few days ago. I miss eating pau and I will go hunting for my favorite at Taman Megah soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we ate the most mangoes this season. I am thinking of making pau again.

      Delete
  2. Good foods :-)) Both curry noodle bowls look so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...the breaking of dawn at 6:43 AM was a special treat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When takeaway the curry soup noodles, was the soup in a separate container or put together with the noodles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The noodles and soup were place separately in container. We always take along our tiffin carrier.

      Delete
  5. Very appetising dishes to go with your oats porridge. Was the salted fish very salty? Can finish all the salted fish with just one bowl of porridge each for two persons?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The salted fish very thinly sliced and it was a very small piece and not very salty.

      Delete
  6. I love to eat the sei dai tin Wong dish. Usually the coffee shops dai Chao will put sambal to stir fry this dish. Are those garlic pieces or choy poh pieces on top of this dish in your photo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used a small amount of sambal to fry the sei dai tin wong dish. I used minced chicken meat to fry this dish.

      Delete
  7. Your food pics looks so delish ♥
    love that curry
    stay safe ♥

    Ann
    https://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great sky shots...love that mural.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like all the 4 types of vegetable in the four heavenly king dish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice shots of the sky and birds!
    Your dishes make me hungry, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nancy you nearly left me crying at the sight of those BBQ buns! Those are my favorites and since the lockdown, I never had one :( We call those siopao here and it's my very big favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Stevenson. I hope you will be able to enjoy your favourite siopao soon.

      Delete
  12. Love the skies, and the mural.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm hungry just looking at the many different plates that you have shown us Nancy. We've had rain yesterday, today and is suppose rain tomorrow. I feel like wet, wet, wet.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are having our share of rainy days and nights. No rain today.

      Delete
  14. Wow.. so yummy breakfast, lunch and dinner, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. got 4 dai tin wong….not bad eh! very homely meal for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The sky photos were a delight and a joy to see the birds suddenly taking flight. As always such a verity of interesting food. Great mural.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love a fresh mango and I love that birds shot...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sky shots are amazing as always!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The curry gravy was so red. Bbq bun, I like that.

    Nice shot of the sky and birds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. Have a lovely new week.

      Delete
  20. Great post!I just found your blog and spent whole morning reading your posts,love it so much and looking forward to read what you prepared next!
    Hope you'll visit my blog too and maybe follow it back if you love it!
    beautyqueen000.blogspot.rs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Beauty. Will visit your blog.

      Delete
  21. Beautiful skies. Keep well, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great photos of the lovely sky and some strange to me food

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have bought salted fish in oil, but used it to stirfry or steam with meat. Haven't tried with ginger strips like that before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can also use the salted fish to steam with meat and add some ginger to it.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...