Saturday 30 May 2020

Home Cooked Black Vinegar Pig's Trotter.

Thank God for another lovely morning on the 73rd day MCO. I took along my smartphone on my walk in case I come across something interesting for snapshots.
Morning view of the Kledang Hill at 7:00 am just before we set out on our morning walk.
We saw pigeons on the roof as we passed by these 2-storey houses.
Where there is food, these pigeons will gather.
~~~~~
Breakfast
Hubby went out to buy fish noodle for breakfast. This time he bought an extra pax for a friend who will be delivering the organic eggs we ordered through her.
Hubby and I sharing 1 pax fish noodle. He added 4 big prawns to the noodle. We kept 1 prawns for our friend.
10 organic eggs for RM7.
I bought 3 mangoes from a roadside stall for RM8.50
I bought this banana walnut cake from a bakery shop in town while hubby was getting the insurance and road tax (annual vehicle registration fee) for my car.
~~~~~
Dinner
I was lazy to queue up at the shop to buy pork. Our regular pork seller has not opened his stall yet but is now temporary supplying through delivery only. Hubby called up to order 1 pig trotter, 1 stomach, 1 tail and ribs. First item to use is the pork trotter and the rest went into the freezer.
Black vinegar pork trotter - our 1 dish dinner.
Hubby had steamed rice while I ate the hard boiled eggs.
Ingredients used: pork trotter, black beans, wood fungus, old ginger, garlic, 1 bottle of black vinegar and some hard boiled eggs. I like to eat hard boiled eggs instead of rice. The hard boiled eggs were added when the pork trotter is almost done. When the dish is done, I packed some to share with my friends in return for their blessings.
Jack fruits, anything blessing from a friend.
Sun setting behind the Kledang Hill.
After an early dinner, we took a short leisure walk near our house.

Linking to Saturday's Critters.

I am the LORD, and there is no other;
apart from me there is no God.
I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged me,
so that from the rising of the sun to the place of its setting
people may know there is none besides me.
I am the LORD, and there is no other.
(Isaiah 45:5-6, New International Version-NIV)

40 comments:

  1. Yummy! Pig trotters are a huge favourite :-) Have a wonderful weekend, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Pretty view of the mountains and the pigeons. The food looks delicious, I want to buy a mango on our next food shop. The last view of the sunset is gorgeous. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy weekend! PS, thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen for hosting. Have a wonderful weekend.

      Delete
  3. That last sky shot is so, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pięknie jest o poranku . Pyszne śniadanie z bliskimi osobami to wspaniała sprawa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...pig trollers are a new one for me! Enjoy your weekend, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wah, so very tasty your self cooked pork trotter vinegar. Love the hard-boiled eggs in it. Did you have to shaved the pork skin again before cooking it to ensure no residue hair?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only have to rinsed the pork trotter. The pork seller did a good job in cleaning the pork trotter.

      Delete
  7. Finally you cooked the pork trotters vinegar as planned. I always search for the lean meat to eat in the pork trotters. I love to eat the hard boiled eggs. Yums!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too prefer lean meat. That's why I always buy the front legs.

      Delete
  8. Your mountain shots are beautiful! Can't decide whether I like the first or last better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. Have a blessed weekend.

      Delete
  9. You live in a nice neighborhood and have many nice friends to share food with. Blessings, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sunset photo is exquisite! I too take my phone along when I go for my walk to take photos to share on my blog. Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful house...love jackfruit

    ReplyDelete
  12. It must be so nice to be taking these walks again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least we are getting some kind of exercise.

      Delete
  13. Luckily I just had vinegar pork trotter early this week otherwise I would be thinking about it. Hehe.

    Jack fruit isn't my favourite because I easily have sore throat after taking it. Too heaty for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I didn't know Jack fruit is heaty. I love jack fruit and so far no problem with heatiness.

      Delete
  14. Lovely photos.
    It's good you can get out and walk once again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Margaret. It is good to be able to walk and enjoy the open space.

      Delete
  15. I love black vinegar trotter. I have eaten it in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too and I like to drink the black vinegar soup.

      Delete
  16. You have many blessings from many friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful skies and mountain views

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are blessed to have many friends

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...