Friday 15 May 2020

Steamed Spicy Sour Prawns For Dinner

I woke up at about 4:30 am, went to the washroom and went back to sleep. I overslept and woke up about 7:00 am. I was just in time to take a snapshot of the sunrise on the morning of 58th day MCO.
Sunrise at 7:12 am
~~~~~
Hubby and I drove out to buy breakfast. Our favourite pan mee stall was closed so we went to another stall.
Breakfast for 2 people.
Hubby's breakfast
Flat rice + yellow noodle (koay teow + mee) with minced pork and pork slices (soup version).
My breakfast
Flat rice noodle (koay teow) with stewed pork knuckle (dry version).
~~~~~
Healthy snack
Guava pickle with salted plum (assam boi).
A friend gave me this guava which I cut it into slices. Using a scissor, I cut the salted plum into small pieces. I mixed the guava slices and salted plum pieces together with the seeds. The guava pickle can be eaten immediately. I enjoy munching on this healthy and crunchy lip-smacking snack.
I bought a few different varieties of mango from the supermarket.
The above 3 mangoes smell very nice but have to wait for it to ripen.
The above mangoes have to be kept for a few days before they are ripe enough to be eaten. I was impatient and I took 2 mangoes to cut.
We each had a plate of cut mangoes. The mangoes were sweet but not sweet enough.
If I had waited 2 more days, the mangoes would have been sweeter.
~~~~~
Lunch
I had 2 pieces of bread for lunch. 1 pieces spread with peanut walnut butter and 2nd piece with kaya.
Hubby went out on his motorbike and came back with a packet of ice cendol and 3 pieces of fried stuff.
Hubby bought 1 piece fried taro dipped in batter and 2 pieces vadai (Indian dhal bean snack). He bought the fried taro for me not knowing that I had taken 2 pieces of bread. Seeing that the fried taro is thin, nice and crunchy I couldn't resist and ate it.
So happy to see my Caladium plant growing again. The colour is rare and exotic. A few times it just died and then reappear again after some time. Hope this time it will not disappear but will grow healthily.
Talking about mangoes, my neighbour came back from work and pass me the above mangoes.
I have to avoid snacks such as hard nuts because of weak gums and teeth, so now I look for snacks that are easier to munch like the above potato chips.
~~~~~
Dinner
I can't remember where I bought this spicy sour steamed fish paste. I had to use it before it expired. I don't have fish, so I used prawns.
I lined the steaming stainless steel plate with ladies fingers, cut pineapples and prawns.  before spreading the paste over the prawns.
I steamed it over high heat for about 10 to 15 minutes.
Very appetizing spicy and sour steamed prawns dish.
One dish dinner for 2 people.
Very delicious and satisfying dinner.
Evening sky at 6:50 pm.


O LORD, I am calling to you. Please hurry!
Listen when I cry to you for help!
Accept my prayer as incense offered to you,
and my upraised hands as an evening offering.
(Psalm 141:1-2, New Living Translation-NLT)

44 comments:

  1. the spicy & sour steamed prawns look appetizing! the paste really does wonder! i miss eating vadai! can't find it here at my area...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the taste of the spicy sour prawns dish. I will look out for the paste and see if I can get it in Ipoh. We have a few stalls selling vadai in our area.

      Delete
  2. The spicy sour prawns with pineapples look really flavourful and tasty. And that guava pickle sounds really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angie. Both the spicy sour prawns and the guava pickle are very appetizing.

      Delete
  3. Oh Nancy, now I want prawns so badly - haven't eaten them for a long time! I have eaten a lot of fruit salad lately, but no mango in it, instead pineapples.... Wishing delicious & lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. During MCO, not easy to get fresh prawns. We are eating lots of mangoes lately because of the mango season. Pineapples in salad taste great. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  4. So delicious all your food! I love to eat steamed prawns but it could be too spicy for me. Is it spicy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not very spicy. I think you will enjoy the steamed prawns.

      Delete
  5. Hello Nancy, love the sunrise and sky images. Your food looks delicious. I would like the mangoes. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen. Sweet and juicy mangoes hard to resist.

      Delete
  6. ...I'd like some mango right aboout now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mango 😊 happy friday, have a lovely weekend 😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful skies, great to see you that you and hubby are eating well!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have comments and question...if I can remember all I want to say. I love the morn and evening skies...they are both so beautiful. And I LOVE that caladium. It is such a pretty color.

    The question is how do you tell when a mango is good and ripe? I hope I remember to come back and see your response.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not all mangoes turn yellow when ripe. Some mangoes have a nice fragrant when it is ripening while others do not. If it is firm and hard, it is not ripe yet. Do not press hard but with a light press with your thumb, you can feel that the mango is a bit soft, then it is nice and ripe. After a few tries and experience you will know.

      Delete
  10. Oh my, your food is extra special today. Wow.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. Have a wonderful weekend.

      Delete
  11. Pretty sunrise shot! I've not seen that brand of chips, but we have something similar called "Pringles" that come in cans just like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have "Pringles" too. I enjoy eating "Pringles" and I also like Mister Potato brand.

      Delete
  12. The prawn dish looks amazing, so tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. blessings.

    that is quite a day's serving. Your breakfast if you didn't say breakfast I would have thought it was lunch. The pickled Guava I've never had, though I've grown up climbing guava trees and eating straight off the branches. I see by the look that they are green.

    Thank you for the cuisine day tour. It all looked good.
    have a blessed day.
    Rhapsody

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry to hear about your teeth and gums. Hope they heal somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ice chendol on tis hot weather for me pls. I love to eat fried taro.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ice chendol and fried snacks is a great combination.

      Delete
  16. What a feast of food. There are many ingredients I don't know but would like to try. Beautiful skies. I seem to be waking up really early because dawn is about 5 in the morning. Wishing you a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Los mangos me gustan mucho. Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Motorbikes come in so handy on short trips. I never dared try.

    The spicy sour prawn curry looks good indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to ride hubby's bike but I couldn't handle it well. I find the bike too heavy for me and plus I lack confidence riding a bike.

      Delete
  19. Yesterday i tasted first mango of the season and the variety your neighbor shared is one of my fav.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the mangoes are very sweet and juicy.

      Delete
  20. I don't like prawns or sea food of any sort

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love seafood but have now reduce the intake.

      Delete
  21. Thanks for the tip on how to find a ripe mango to eat. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...