Wednesday 27 May 2020

Update From My Garden 70th Day MCO

Yesterday (70th day MCO) was rather mundane, no lovely sunrise and no interesting food to share. We started our day with a morning walk. After that, hubby went out to buy his breakfast. He bought a packet of fried sticky rice or "san chow loh mai fun" in Cantonese. I forgot to take a snapshot of the sticky rice.
I had 2 pieces of toast with peanut walnut butter and kaya plus a cup of plain Sabah tea without milk or sugar.
~~~~~
Update from my garden.
New batch of Snake bean plants with snake beans hanging from the vines. 
White eggplants waiting to be harvested.
An oblong dark purple eggplant
~~~~~
Lunch
We had leftover lemang with beef rendang plus barley ginkgo nuts sweet drink (tong sui) bought from the same stall that hubby bought his breakfast.
Dark red Caladium from my garden.
Hope it will continue to stay healthy.
~~~~~
Dinner
Hubby went out to buy rice porridge with minced pork and pork liver. He ate the porridge with leftover fried dace with salted black beans.
As for me, I pan fried 2 frozen chapati to make wraps.
Dark pink Balsam from my garden.


Then he prayed again, this time that it would rain, and down it poured,
and the grass turned green and the gardens began to grow again.
(James 5:18, The Living Bible-TLB)

50 comments:

  1. The beans are enormous, you are a great gardener.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snake bean plants looks amazing. I have never seen thise plant :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The snake beans I felt as snake gourd. Then I doubted,"This thin snake gourd." Then i noticed the name. Long. Healthy gardening,Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the update! Your beans are so awesome and interesting to see as is your food, yum!

    Your link is a great addition to 'My Corner of the World' this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...your garden is amazing, you sure have a lot of pots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All my plants are grown in pots which I find easier to manage.

      Delete
  6. Your garden is looking very healthy and I am amazed at the produce that you get from a small area in pots. Well done, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Dark red Caladium is really blossoming! I like to eat glutinous rice so sang chow lo mai fan sounds tasty. Lemang is very filling. Lemang is made from glutinous rice too so both your hubby breakfast and lunch is glutinous rice so he must be so full. Do you still have lemang and beef rendang in your fridge to eat for another day? Your vegetables are growing so well in your garden. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. We ate the lemang and beef rendang for 3 meals.

      Delete
  8. The egg plants, or as we call them, aubergine look good. I love them oven roasted in olive oil with peppers, garlic, tomatoes and courgettes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dont think i had eaten san chow loh mai fun before, wonder how it looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your garden is beautiful and your food is too. I'm hungry now.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee for hosting. Have a great day.

      Delete
  11. Your garden is really coming along. I bought beans from the store last week but they just aren't anything like home grown. Missing my garden this year. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Margy. One thing for sure is home grown edibles are without pesticide.

      Delete
  12. I love your colorful plants. The eggplants look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The caladium picture is my favorite, so deep and rich in color!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh very ncie garden darling
    Interesting food
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I love when you show your garden...those snake beans are something else! And that dark red Caladium doesn't even look real. It is a beautiful plant.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice and simple meals, I thought of boiling porridge today and then I forgot and bought chicken rice instead...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Simple meals and yet so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ya tienes buenas cosechas en el jardín. Un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have such a green thumb, though I'm sure you put in a lot of work in the garden as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stacy. These days I am spending less time in the garden.

      Delete
  20. Toasts look delicious! It has been time since I had some! ❤

    Blog de la Licorne * Instagram * We♥It

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi hi,


    Possible to purchase some snake bean seeds from you? Am in Singapore. Please let me know how I can contact you. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Celia, I am sorry I do not have seeds to sell. I am in Malaysia. Maybe you can try to look for more matured beans from the vegetable stall and use the seeds to germinate. That was what I did. Wish you the best.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...