Tuesday 19 May 2020

Stewed Pork With Dried Lily Buds & Cloud Ear Fungus

It was raining from Sunday evening right up till the wee hours of Monday morning (62nd day MCO). When the rain stopped, I went out to take a look at the sky. Under Conditional MCO, many have gone back to work.
 Break of dawn at 6:42 am.
I had some minor upsets during this MCO.
#1 - I noticed my smartphone battery was bloated 1 day before MCO. Quickly sent to the phone shop but due to MCO, the workshop is closed. Waited for about 7 weeks for the shop to send my phone to the workshop and ordering of new battery. Until now my phone is still at the workshop waiting in queue. Thankful that a friend let me use her spare phone until my own phone is restored.
 Morning sky at 6:52
#2 - Sometime in April during MCO, my computer mouse started to have freezing problem. I have to unplug and plug to keep the mouse working as I do not have a spare mouse in the house. I called up the computer "doctor" and he said the problem could be a faulty mouse. I waited for the "DIY" stores to re-open for business to get a new mouse and thankful that the problem is now solved.
 Morning sky at 6:52
#3 - Saturday morning, my computer monitor started acting up. 1 minute it was working normal, and suddenly it went blank. I thought it was the power cable. After changing the power cable it went back to normal for a few hours. The same thing repeated on Sunday but I was able to listen to the online Sunday sermon. After I have published the day's blogpost, the monitor went blank again. I sent my computer and monitor to the "doctor" and my monitor was pronounced dead. After a few hours, I got back my computer with a brand new monitor and thankful that everything is back to normal again.
 Gloomy sky at 7:00 am and for the whole day.
~~~~~
On our way back from the walking exercise, we stopped at Restoran Zui Le Xuan Dim Sum to buy the following items for breakfast.
Steamed glutinous rice with chicken or "Loh Mai Kai"
Dumplings
I wanted "siew mai" and "har gao"
Taro puff with bbq pork filling or "woo kok".
 Breakfast for 2 people.
Green tea for hubby and nescafe for me.
 Time to cut these 2 mangoes.
 These mangoes for our mid morning snacks
 The mango is sweet with a slight sour taste making it very delicious.
~~~~~
Late Lunch
 Around 3:00 pm, hubby went out to buy lunch and he came back with a packet of roast pork and "siew cheong" rice. I taxed 3 spoonful and hubby ate the rest.
~~~~~
Home Cooked Dinner
Stewed pork belly with dried lily buds (kam cham in Cantonese) and black cloud fungus (wan yee in Cantonese).
Stir fried Chinese chive flower buds (kau choy fah) with extra firm tofu slices and chopped garlic.
 Dinner for 2 people.
I kept some of the stewed pork dish for next day's dinner.
 While I was cooking in the kitchen, a friend drop by to give us these mangoes from his garden. These mangoes will need to keep for a few days for them to ripen. 
These 2 mangoes which I bought from the supermarket are now ripe enough to be eaten.
Love these sweet and juicy mangoes.
An old antique motorbike found at the Gopeng Gaharu Tea Valley.


He placed springs in the valleys
and streams that gush from the mountains.
They give water for all the animals to drink.
There the wild donkeys quench their thirst,
and the birds nest beside the streams
and sing among the branches of the trees.
(Psalm 104:10-12, The Living Bible-TLB)

48 comments:

  1. Have a lovely day Nancy 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's upsetting when electronics break down.

    You have various shapes and sizes of mangoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, feeling quite helpless without these electronics.

      Delete
  3. The mangoes we can get here ain't that good..I too like the one mildly sweet with a bit of sourness...those dimsum look pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your posts always make me feel so hungry, such amazing food to tempt us. Glad all is well with your phone and computer now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad your computer/monitor issues were solved. It would be hard to do without one now. I hope you get your phone soon.

    Love that first sky shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will feel helpless without my PC. I hope my phone will be returned to me soon.

      Delete
  6. Delicious food as usual! I love to eat the chive flower buds. Have you tried growing the chive flower buds?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have 3 pots of chives but so far I haven't seen any flower buds.

      Delete
  7. ...I did a search for Miele motorcycle the company was founded in 1899 by Carl Miele and Reinhard Zinkmann, the German company manufactured milk-centrifuges and other dairy equipment. From 1911 bicycles were manufactured and automobiles were built for the military during World War I. Interesting, thanks Nancy for sharing, take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tom for sharing the Miele motorcycle facts. Have a great day.

      Delete
  8. Sorry you had so many technology issues. I hope you get your phone back soon.

    Yummy on all the food. I want to come to your house for a meal.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry that you are having technical problems. Hope they are all resolved soon. The food looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All are resolved except my mobile phone which is still with the workshop.

      Delete
  10. Ciesze się,że twój komputer już działa . Na smutki najlepsze jest pyszne jedzenie. Wszystkiego dobrego:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your sky photos look always great and your dishes delicious! Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Riitta and have a nice week too.

      Delete
  12. Don't you hate when these technical difficulties occur. Yuk
    I'm hungry again Nancy. I guess I'm always hungry LOL Have a wonderful Tueday my friend.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is frustrating because I can't resolved the technical problem on my own. I need the computer man to look into it.

      Delete
  13. Goodness, you HAVE been having technical problems. And of course, at the worst possible time. What is that up in the sky in two of your pictures, a planet or star?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its the moon in the sky. Have a great day.

      Delete
  14. I love mangos! and now off to kitchen LOL i got hungry :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. We never had mangoes when I was growing up and I'm never quite sure how to tell when they're ripe or how to get out most of the fruit.
    Thank you for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2020/05/back-to-archives.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I learned it through experience. Have a great day.

      Delete
  16. Me encantan los mangos. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Somehow I dislike dried lily buds because of the smell. My late grandma used to add them to her chap chye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I blanch the dried lily buds in boiling water before cooking them.

      Delete
  18. How kind of your friend, i would miss your beautiful posts if you couldn't take pictures and write here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I would have to stop blogging for at least 2 days but am glad that the doctor treated my PC and everything is back to normal within a few hours.

      Delete
  19. dim sum!! my favourite! nowadays mangoes season, we also bought some and slowly enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been enjoying lots of mangoes and papayas.

      Delete
  20. My daughter just asked me what MCO stands for I said it's what we calling lockdown, she goes yeah but what does it stand for like I know

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful skies! The motorbike is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hiç mango yemediğimi fark ettim. Alayım :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. The dim sum breakfast looks very satisfying. I love to eat taro puffs with bbq meat fillings. It is very troublesome to hv technical problems during tis mco time but luckily all are solved now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Libby. I love taro puffs with bbq meat filling.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...