Thursday 28 May 2020

Blessings On 71st Day MCO

I have not watched television for a long time but because of the MCO, I have started to watch Chinese dramas. Whenever I have the time to spare in the evening after dinner, I will either watch drama/movie on the TV or Youtube. Currently, I have been watching Singapore dramas and I have finished watching dramas such as "The Last Madame" and "Titoudao".

"The Last Madame" tells the story of the last brothel owner in Singapore in the 1940s. "Titoudao" is about the true story of a popular Chinese opera performer in the 50s and 60s in Singapore. One evening, I stayed up late to watch the last few episodes of "Titoudao" and I only went to bed at about 2:30 am. After 4 hours plus of sleep, I woke up about 7 am in time for my morning walk with hubby.
Sunrise at 7:13 am before we set out on our morning walk.
Self-propagated Cockscomb and Balsam plants outside my house.
These do not need much care.
New plants will sprout out from the ground after the old plants are removed.
Very soon these cockscombs will grow big and heavy.
~~~~~
Lunch
A friend called to inform that she will be sending something over for our lunch.
This is homemade noodle and fried by her partner.
Delicious lunch for hubby and I.
~~~~~
Dinner
After my afternoon nap, I woke up to cook dinner.
Stewed chicken with dried mushrooms and chestnuts.
Other ingredients used: sesame oil, garlic, black soy sauce, light soy sauce & oyster sauce.
Home grown snake long beans sauteed with garlic and roast pork.
I added in one home grown red okra harvest from the garden. 
Dinner for 2 people.
Hubby had steamed rice and I had oat porridge.
After dinner, another friend called to inform that she will be sending the above taro or yam cake to my house. We will be keeping the yam cake for the next day's breakfast.
Thank God for blessings us through our friends.

Yes, God will give you much so that you can give away much,
and when we take your gifts to those who need them
they will break out into thanksgiving and praise to God for your help.
(2 Corinthians 9:11, The Living Bible-TLB)

34 comments:

  1. Your snake beans that you grew look nice, love bean myself.
    The flower is a very pretty colour.
    Gosh you were up late, can stay I've done that a time or two when watching Netflix but not lately.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Margaret. If I stayed up too late, I will have to catch on my sleep by taking a nap in the afternoon.

      Delete
  2. So many blessings! I like the look of your stewed chicken. Based on your ingredients list, I want to cook it except that I don't have chestnuts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, PH. You can use dried chestnuts. I used dried chestnuts except that it takes longer for the chestnuts to soften. In future, I will boil the chestnuts first to soften them.

      Delete
  3. The cockscomb is beautiful. I seldom watch TV, I always get the news either from the computer or my husband who does watch TV quite a lot. Take care and enjoy the rest of the week, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane. I usually get my news from social media, mostly the headlines only. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  4. ...these days you need to find your blessing wherever you can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your dinner! So yummy and healthy. Those taro cake slices are fantastic too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a pretty start to the day. I love your Cockscomb...for some reason it is a plant I cannot grow. And I usually do okay with outdoor plants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. Maybe you can have another try to grow Cockscomb plant again.

      Delete
  7. Your friends are so nice, keep sending food to you both. I love to eat chestnuts so would love the chicken and chestnuts dish. You use dried or fresh chestnuts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank God for generous friends. I couldn't get fresh chestnuts so I used dried chestnuts. Dried chestnuts take much longer to soften.

      Delete
  8. It's nice to have such friends like yours. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We watch a lot of T.V., too. You can grow ANYTHING!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow , those flowers are so beautiful Nancy.

      Cruisin Paul

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Ginny. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
    3. Thank you, Paul. Have a happy weekend.

      Delete
  10. Such nice flowers! No way would i want to sleep only 4 hours then get up and walk, i need much more than that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can easily catch back my sleep in the afternoon but you can't because you have to work. You need to have enough sleep to handle all the work you are doing. Take care and stay safe.

      Delete
  11. I miss having steamed yam rice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tienes muy buenos amigos. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I watch a bloody lot of tv, sometimes it is just background noise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some needs the background sound when they sleep but I can't sleep with the sound on.

      Delete
  14. You can be very busy engrossed in TV dramas! I tend not to start at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is why I will only watch when I have the time in the evening.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...