Saturday 16 May 2020

Claypot Chicken Rice & Long Beans Egg Omelette For Dinner

I was wide awake and couldn't go back to sleep. I got up from bed, check the clock and it was only 5:30 am (59th day MCO). I sat down to do some reading, checked the messages on my phone and blog hopping. At about 6:30 am when it is clearer, I went out to water my plants.
At about 7:00 am, we got ready and went out for some walking exercise along the roads near our house.
  There was no need to observe social distancing as there were no other walkers beside us. 
 We passed by some street dogs but they only barked and kept their distance because we each carried a stick with us. 
 Sunrise at 7:17 am.
We had ordered steamed flat rice noodle (chee cheong fun) for breakfast the previous day. I followed hubby out to collect the breakfast as I needed to make some payment through the ATM machine at the bank. On the way out we can cleanse our hands with the hand sanitizer provided by the banks. 
~~~~~
Breakfast
 Hubby's breakfast
Chee cheong fun with onion oil, soy sauce, crispy onions, sesame and green chili pickle. Hubby passed the green chili pickle to me.
My breakfast.
Chee cheong fun with all the sauce mixed together.
 Side order #1 - Pig's skin, tofu puff, long bean curry.
 Side order #2 - 2 pieces of crispy bean curd sheet. 
Breakfast for 2 people.
Hubby had hot green tea and I had hot cocoa drink.
 Self-propagated cockscomb plant in front of my house.
~~~~~
Lunch
I cooked dried Cinta noodle in boiling water, drained and mixed with garlic oil and soy sauce. I reheated the prawn curry from the previous day and served together with the noodle. 
Blanched Romaine Lettuce drizzled with garlic oil and soy sauce.
 Lunch for 2 people.
Snake long beans harvested from my garden.
~~~~~
Dinner
 Hubby found out that our regular claypot chicken rice shop has opened for business about a week ago. So for a change, we decided to have claypot chicken rice for dinner.
While hubby went out to buy the chicken rice, I cooked long bean egg omelette.
 Dinner for 2 people.
Evening sky 6:50 pm.
After dinner, the weather was nice and cool and we decided to take a walk near our house.
Sunset at 7:22 pm.
I found this kitty napping in a box outside a vegetable stall.

Linking to Saturday's Critters.

For you are all children of the light and of the day;
we don't belong to darkness and night.
So be on your guard, not asleep like the others.
Stay alert and be clearheaded.
(1 Thessalonians 5:5-6, New Living Translation-NLT)

48 comments:

  1. Have you been having insomnia lately? That is miserable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not insomnia. Just that sometimes I take afternoon naps and after that I tend to wake up extra early. It happens only once in a while.

      Delete
  2. sweet the kitten a comfortable place for her and the bird high in the tree in the early morning photographed great and all the delicious dishes.!
    Have a good day, Elke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elke and have a good day too.

      Delete
  3. The cat has a good napping time in the box. Ooo. Claypot chicken rice. Bet my favourite stall not yet open as it operates only at night. When craving, I need to cook at home. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More and more stalls or shops are opening for business.

      Delete
  4. Chee cheong fun looks so very good. Still, your homemade long bean omelette is my favourite. The kitty loves boxes :-))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos delicious foods 😊 thanks for your sharing 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a very hearty breakfast! Oh..that kitty in a box is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, lovely capture of your sunrise. Your plant is beautiful! A pretty start to your day. Love the sweet kitty sleeping. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy weekend! Take care and stay safe! PS, thank you for the visit and comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an interesting selection of Asian dishes you have made or bought! Restaurants here don't have nearly that many dishes.

    be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good and tasty meals! With pineapples, the prawns curry and noodles are more delicious! Don't you agree?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have finished the Ipoh-style CCF I ordered... took me 5 sittings and I got rather tired of it. Now your post is making me want to eat that again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the problem with ordering in bulk. We get bored.

      Delete
  11. Oh, this Blanched Romaine Lettuce is my favorite too. Every time I am in the restaurant Chinnesse food cuisine I always order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is one of the easiest dish to make in the kitchen.

      Delete
  12. Chicken rice with egg omlet is a great combo and you got beautiful shots of dawn and dusk! The cat sleeps comfort

    ReplyDelete
  13. The cat shot is so funny! What a way to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nancy,
    Thank you for sharing all these lovely photos! The sunrises are beautiful and love the photo of the cat in the box. I frequently see feral cats on my walks and interestingly they are healthy beautiful cats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Judee. This cat looks well fed.

      Delete
  15. I always like to see what dishes you are preparing. I know I would enjoy them...especially the breakfasts. What a cute kitty too! And I'm glad you are able to get out and walk some. It sure makes us feel better! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, going out for a short walk or drive makes us feel so much better. Have a wonderful day.

      Delete
  16. You are lucky to have so many stalls to buy food from.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is funny how cat love the smallest boxes, the same with my cat! Pleasant weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Riitta. Have a great new week.

      Delete
  18. Muy buenas comidas. Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful sky photos!
    Your meal are always delectable, Nancy!
    Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Food and good company is always great

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your breakfast, lunch and dinner all look so good but i would say the breakfast is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's so nice you are getting out for walks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If hubby joins me, then we go for walks. If alone, I will stick to Youtube walking exercise at home

      Delete
  23. My goodness such delicious looking food.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...