Monday 4 May 2020

Nasi Lemak, Bak Kwa, Gold Sky & Rainbow

We woke up to a wet Sunday morning, 47th day MCO. This is the 7th online Sunday Worship and the 1st Holy Communion celebration under MCO. 
View of Kledang Hill (west side) at 7:08 am.
Sunrise at 7:08 am.
Sunrise at 7:09 am.
Kledang Hill at 7:28 am.
Sunrise at 7:29 am.
~~~~~
Breakfast
We want to try this nasi lemak so we bought 2 packets @ RM 2.80 each.
Rice cooked with coconut milk, 1 fried eye, fried anchovies and peanuts, cucumber slices and sambal gravy packed separately.
I like my nasi lemak with lots of sambal gravy.
I like to mix the rice and sambal gravy together. Nasi lemak tastes good.
Just nice for hubby but I prefer it to be a little bit more spicy.
Steamed buns and pastries.
I also bought 2 nam yue pau @ RM 2.50 each.
1 kaya puff and 1 egg tart (can't remember the price).
The above were harvested from my garden.
Pre-lunch: We had papaya.

Lunch: Egg tart for me and kaya puff for hubby.
~~~~~
After lunch, I got busy grilling the pre-marinated bak kwa (sweet pork jerky).
Hubby paid RM 50 plus for half kilogram bak kwa.
Now we can enjoy cheaper home made bak kwa snack.
Evening sky at 5:29 pm.
Evening sky at 6:00 pm.
~~~~~
Simple dinner, no cooking in the kitchen.
We have been snacking on the bak kwa (pork jerky), so we had these 2 steamed buns for our dinner.
Just to show what is inside the steamed bun.
Filling: thick slices of nam yue marinated pork belly.
Nam yue is red fermented soy bean paste.
Our friend took this image of a golden sky from his house.
And I took this image of a double rainbow from my house.

The rainbow that I have put in the sky will be my sign to you
and to every living creature on earth.
It will remind you that I will keep this promise forever.
(Genesis 9:13, Contemporary English Version-CEV)

52 comments:

  1. ahh...u can eat spicy....I like nasi lemak with lotsa sambal too. But I will prepare with glasses of cold water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like nasi lemak with spicy sambal. Some are sweet and not spicy at all.

      Delete
  2. The homemade bak kwa looks really good! Gorgeous rainbow shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...a day with a rainbow is special!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the beautiful post!

    Have a nice day)   

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rare to see a double rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bonus that I went out at the right time.

      Delete
  6. such a stunning view and awesome rainbows <3
    This food looks so yummy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful sky shots...love that double rainbow. It has been a while since I have seen one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. This is a bonus sighting for me.

      Delete
  8. Couldn't remember the last time I saw rainbow.

    Nasi lemak. I had it last week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This week we had nasi lemak 2 days straight.

      Delete
  9. What a joy to see the double rainbow, stunning photo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wah, you are so smart to know how to make own bak kwa. Next time if I want to make, I will search here to find your recipe to make them. Love the vegetables you harvested from your garden. The Nam Yue baos look really tasty too. Do you know how to make bak kwa from sliced pork meat and not minced pork meat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried making bak kwa from sliced meat. I prefer minced meat because easier to bite. If you want the bak kwa recipe, just search for "bak kwa".

      Delete
  11. I'm so glad that you are showing us the many different types of food. As a Canadian I love seeing these different foods. I would love the chance just to taste some of them. Keep safe Nancy.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you can get to taste some of the food I have shared here. You will find our food very interesting and delicious.

      Delete
  12. Your food is so exotic. That double rainbow is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful photos of the sky! My eye spied that purple okra! We are at the ranch and stepson Dean has planted some of that! Looking forward to eating it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. You will enjoy the okra.

      Delete
  14. Love the rainbow shot. Beautiful.

    Oh the food. I've not had lunch yet and I'm hungry.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. The steamed bun looks so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful pictures!
    have a great week,
    S

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such lovely sunrise photos! the hill is so beautiful in the clouds too! I like the food pics as always, it all looks so tasty, especially the buns! :)

    Hope that your week is off to a good start! :) We are on week 6 of staying at home but they have started to lift some restrictions which is nice! :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our MCO has been further relaxed and less restricted. Happy day.

      Delete
  18. Oh, the pretty skies and rainbows!

    It's always nice to learn to make a snack yourself and save some money.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very nice scenery and beautiful sky shots, the golden sky was amazing, how did your friend do it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the actual sky colour. No camera trick and no photo edition.

      Delete
  20. Did you use zoom app for the online worship session? I use zoom for mine.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Woahhh this golden sky!
    And this food is everything!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! Loved the different view on sky and mountains! Great double rainbows

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...