Saturday 9 May 2020

Prawn Noodles & Peanut Soup

I was not feeling sleepy so I continue to watch a Chinese comedy drama way past midnight. I woke up and missed the sunrise. I went out to sweep the porch area and watered my plants.
Bauhiana Kockiana blooms from my front garden.
Happy Mother's Day to all mothers!
Lots of flower buds waiting to bloom.
~~~~~
Breakfast
We drove to the pan mee shop in Menglembu but it was still closed.
So we drove on to another shop for prawn noodle. We took along our tiffin carriers to hold the noodles and soup separately
Side order: 4 pieces of crispy fried bean curd sheets.
Hubby finished munching on 2 pieces in the car while I drove home.
Prawn noodle with the soup added.
Breakfast for 2 people.
~~~~~
Lunch
We each had a plate of sweet mangoes for lunch.
~~~~~
Dinner
The day before the MCO started, hubby picked up the above packet of minced meat from the Farmers Fresh shop. I didn't know what to expect. I opened the packet, took out 10 pieces to pan fry.
Hubby took a piece to taste and he said it tasted like bbq Chinese sweet meat (bak kwa).
I boiled peanut soup with carrot, red dates, wolf berries, preserved turnip (tai tau choy) and chicken breast meat. I slow boiled the soup in a pressure cooker to soften the peanuts.
Simple home cooked dinner for 2 people.
Dessert: Sweet juicy pear.
Creamy white Gardenia flower with a nice fragrant from my garden.
I was queuing up in front of the mini market and this white pigeon landed a safe distance from me.
Looks like it was observing the queue.
It was looking from left to right and right to left.
Then it picked up a dried twig from the ground and flew off.

Linking to Saturday's Critters.

Now learn this lesson from the fig tree:
As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out,
you know that summer is near.
Even so, when you see all these things,
you know that it is near, right at the door.
Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away
until all these things have happened.
Heave and earth will pass away,
but my words will never pass away.
(Matthew 24:32-35, New International Version-NIV)

40 comments:

  1. The peanut soup looks very good, and your blooms are gorgeous! I have never seen a pigeon that looks like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blooms and pigeon! these are delicious dishes!
    Greetings Elke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Bauhinia is flowering in abundance! My partner loves peanut soup but I hardly boil it for him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious meals! My mom used to make pork knuckles stew with peanuts...so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angie. We love pork knuckles with peanuts too.

      Delete
  5. Happy mothers day to all us 😊 gardenia , roses all of them wonderful. Thanks for your sharing 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and Happy Mothers Day to you too.

      Delete
  6. Hello, Nancy
    Your flowers are so pretty, I love the gardenia. The prawn and peanut soup look delicious. The white pigeon is pretty. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy weekend. PS, thank you for the visit and comment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...your blooms are a welcomed sight on this snowy morning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your garden is looking great still. The food looks so delicious. Take care and keep well Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your dishes look so yummy! You could teach us all how to cook these wonderful meals if we could get together. Love your flowers. Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be wonderful if we can get together to share recipes with one another. Have a enjoyable weekend.

      Delete
  10. Happy mother's day to you! Wow! The prawn noodles look so good with big prawns. The minced meat looks like vegetarian meat. It is not, is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. The minced meat is not vegetarian meat.

      Delete
  11. Every time you show that flower, it makes me want one. It is just so very pretty. Happy Mother's day to you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your meals and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good idea to bring your own containers when packing away food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We try to use our own containers whenever possible to cut down the use of plastics.

      Delete
  14. I will ask my chef wife to boil peanut soup for me!!

    I love your flowers from the Bauhiana tree. I want to plant but worried that it will grow too big. Maybe I should plant in the pot.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Muy lindas tus flores. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That bird is probably building a nest. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gigi. I thought so too. Happy weekend.

      Delete
  17. Beautiful flowers and tasty food. Sending good thoughts for a blessed Sunday and week ahead. I'm writing this while internet is on. It keeps going off due to a faulty wifi router. I will catch up with you next week, hopefully when it's fixed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your faulty internet will be settled soon. Thank you and have a blessed Sunday.

      Delete
  18. Moon look amazing and your food so delicious. Thank you for sharing.

    New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2020/05/ysl-couture-powder-highlighter-1-or.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. You grow such pretty flowers.

    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi. Happy Mother's Day to you too.

      Delete
  20. Quite rare to see white pigeon, usually what we see is black colour. The peanut soup must be very sweet, tasty and flavourful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually we see black and brown pigeons. White very few. Yes the peanut soup is very sweet, tasty and flavourful.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...