Monday 25 May 2020

Teochew Rice Porridge With Canned Fried Dace & Lettuce Pickle

It was a Sunday morning and the sky was gray with no pretty sunrise to catch. I watered the plants and did some much needed trimming of my plants since it was a cool morning.
~~~~~
Breakfast
Hubby went to a nearby coffee shop to buy his breakfast.
Steamed flat rice rolls with yam bean filling (chee cheong fun). He added some fish cake, fish ball and pig's skin curry.
I was bored with noodles and I want to finish the above croissant bought from a cake shop. It would taste better if I had toast it in the oven.
A croissant and 2 pieces of wholemeal bread for my breakfast. I spread peanut butter and kaya on the toasted bread. I made a long slit on the croissant and spread it with peanut butter and kaya too.
~~~~~
Lunch
We had leftover food for lunch. I took out the food from the fridge to steam.
Hubby took lemang and some beef rendang. As for me, I ate a piece of bread with some of the beef rendang and 2 small pieces of roast chicken.
I cut this big, sweet and juicy mango for dessert.
I am not sure but I think this is apple mango.
~~~~~
Dinner
I felt like eating Teochew porridge.

We have a few tins of Pickled Lettuce.
I opened a tin of these crunchy pickled lettuce.
Hubby like the above fried dace with salted black beans.

I steamed to warm up the above before serving.
Blanched green amaranth with garlic oil.
Simple dinner for 2 people.
I kept the leftover fried dace in the fridge.
For dessert, we had chilled papaya.
These days, our kind and generous neighbour blesses us with constant supply of papayas.

Light shines in the darkness for the godly.
They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.
(Psalm 112:4, New Living Translation-NLT)

47 comments:

  1. What a nice complete set of meal... got desserts some moe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like fried dace with black beans but not my man. On the other habd, he lives those lettuce pickle, I am so so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hubby loves both. I prefer the lettuce pickle.

      Delete
  3. They look so delicious. Thank you for sharing.

    New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2020/05/beauty-of-freedom.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. That does look like a big mango.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...pickled lettuse is new to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do eat well and healthily. I find your diet very interesting as it's so different from ours although fresh fruit is something we do enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Food and fresh fruits are easily available.

      Delete
  7. Papaya is my favourite fruit in the whole world, with mango a close second.

    ReplyDelete
  8. fish cake?.....
    sound appealing...I'll try to search in Asian shop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could never get bored with noodles for myself Nancy.

      Cruisin Paul

      Delete
    2. Fish cake is fried fish paste.

      Delete
    3. We usually take noodles for breakfast.

      Delete
  9. I love to eat congee because it is so easy to eat. Pickled lettuce, fried dace are what I eat with congee too. The yinchoy - is it from your vegetables garden?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I bought the yin choy from an elderly man. He was selling some vegetables from his car boot.

      Delete
  10. I've never heard of pickled lettuce before. I'd try it though.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw these pickled lettuce and fried dace in our supermarket too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pickled lettuce i tried before but not the fried dace.

      Delete
  12. We have croissants quite frequently and eat papaya daily.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is so interesting to see what you eat...is american food as interesting to you? I had never heard of pickled lettuce, but then, why not. We have dill pickles, bread and butter pickles (pickles are cucumbers.) and pickled okra, pickled beets, and I can't think what else!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too find American food interesting, many of which we haven't tasted.

      Delete
  14. My fav fried dace in salted black bean!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have never heard of pickled lettuce!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pickled lettuce is new to me, as well. It must be a very sturdy lettuce variety to hold up to the pickling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only the stem or stalk is used for pickling.

      Delete
  17. Por aquí tampoco vi lechuga en escabeche. Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you and have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like croissants warmed in the oven

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lucky you having those sweet ripe papayas as the dessert. Homegrown one must have tasted very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angie. The sweetness depends on the specie.

      Delete
  21. The mango looks a bit like "R2E2" which popped up in supermarts lately.

    Ah i love those canned pickled lettuce and fried dace as well. The pickled lettuce, nobody else liked them the last time we had so I put the leftover in the freezer. They turned non-crunchy though so won't be doing that again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are many types of mangoes selling in the supermarket.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...