Sunday 31 May 2020

Home Made Pineapple Jam

We didn't go for the morning walk because I woke up late. I slept late the previous night because I was eager to watch the ending of another Singapore Chinese drama.
 Curry noodles for breakfast.
Hubby went out to town to buy our favourite noodle with thick curry gravy. We had chicken curry and bbq pork. Hubby doesn't like mint leaves, so I had them all.
After breakfast, I went out to the garden to water the plants and harvested the above snake beans and red okras.
 Later in the morning, my neighbour came back from her shopping and blessed us with 2 papayas. Whenever she buys papayas, she will always remember us.
I finally got down to making my own pineapple jam.
The recipe for the jam is very simple (makes 3 mini tubs).
I kept 1 tub for myself and gave 2 tubs to friends.
  • 1 pineapple (I bought 1 pineapple with the skin removed + cut it into big pieces)
  • Place pineapple pieces in food processor to chop (smoothness according to your preference)
  • Slow boil the chopped pineapple + sugar (amount according to your taste) over low fire
  • Stir frequently until sugar melts and mixture starts to thicken.
  • Add in lemon juice from 1 lemon.
  • Slow boil over low fire until jam thickens to the preferred consistency.
  • Test taste and add sugar if required.
  • Let pineapple jam cools completely before scooping into containers.
  • Keep the jam in the fridge.

Dinner
I deep fried 2 types of stuffed bean curd sheet with fish paste.
Steamed snake beans and red okras.
The red okras turned pale green when cooked.
Simple dinner for 2 people.
We finished the left over black vinegar pig's trotter.
Steamed multi grain rice for hubby and no rice for me.
The above mangoes are ripe for eating. 
Delicious sweet and sourish mangoes for dessert.
Will keep my eyes open for these mangoes the next time I go shopping.

Open my eyes to see the wonderful truths in your instructions.
(Psalm 119:18, New Living Translation-NLT)

40 comments:

  1. Pineapple paste is on my list while I impatiently wait for my baking supplies shop to open. Perhaps I should scratch that, your recipe does look simple enough and for sure has no additives.

    Oh it's too bad the red okra loses the attractive colour after cooking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you can try to make your own pineapple paste. You can cook till the paste is thickened to your preference.

      Delete
  2. I want to come over for the dinner, Nancy!!! I love homemade pineapple jam so much that I dare not to make them because I would probably devour the whole jar at one go LOL..so now I am drooling over yours :-) The stuffed bean curd sheets look really crisp and tempting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too enjoy the home made sweet sourish pineapple jam.

      Delete
  3. I did'nt hear this pineapple jam 😊 thanks for your sharing 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to hav homecooked dishes frm own plant. I like pineapple jam...and tarts too....yummz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope to try pineapple tarts one of these days.

      Delete
  5. ...I make several varieties of jams, but never pineapple. Perhaps I should try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you will enjoy the pineapple jam.

      Delete
  6. curry with noodle is delicious....I sometime eat for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. I am glad it worked up a good appetite for you.

      Delete
  8. The mangoes look good. It is not mango season in Hawaii, yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope to enjoy more mangoes while the season is still on.

      Delete
  9. I like your okra dish. Wow! You make pineapple jam. Did you buy the pineapple or your friends gave you one?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Muy completo el desayuno, para comenzar la mañana.

    Ahora las plantas las tengo que regar a diario, del calor que hace ya por aquí.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delicious mangoes and spicy dishes! The pineapple jam looks sweeter and yum
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  12. Delicious looking food. I have never made pineapple jam before, it looks so tasty I am tempted to try to make some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you can make delicious pineapple jam and you would love it.

      Delete
  13. Sometimes it is nice to sleep late.

    That jam sounds very good, and very easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The pineapple jam sounds easy to make. I have not eaten curry mee for so long! When MCO ends, I must visit my regular curry mee place and bring my own mint leaves (put inside handbag). LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea to bring own mint leaves. I don't have mint leaves in my garden but I get to have hubby's share of mint leaves when we both order curry noodles.

      Delete
  15. I would love some of that jam on sourdough.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have never heard of pineapple jam but it sounds like I might like

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pineapple jam sounds tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mermelada de piña...buenísima. Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Smaczne potrawy , lubię mango jest pyszne. Miłego dnia:)

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...