Thursday 21 May 2020

What We Ate On 64th Day MCO

I woke up yesterday morning about 5:00 am. I did a bit of reading and prayer, and followed by 30 minutes of walking exercise at home. After that hubby and I went for our morning walk outside our house.
Beautiful sunrise at 6:57 am.
Sunrise at 7:00 am. 
 Morning sky at 7:10 am.
~~~~~
We went out in one car to buy breakfast from our regular coffee shop.
 Fish noodle with shaoxing wine.
This is the 2nd time we had fish noodle this week.
 Side order: 2 pieces of tofu cake and 2 bean curd rolls.
As usual, we ordered 1 pax to be shared by 2 people.
~~~~~
Lunch for 2 people
Freshly fried: 2 masala vadai, 2 medu vadai and 1 fried taro.
~~~~~
It was about 5:00 pm and I was in front of my PC when suddenly there was a very loud thunder. I quickly shut off my PC and unplugged all my electrical appliances. Surprisingly, at that time the sky was bright with no sign of rain. About 15 to 20 minutes later, there was a freak storm consisting of heavy rain, strong wind, thunder, lightning, and hailstones, all happening at the same time.
A friend took this snapshot of the hailstones she collected and forwarded to me. The hailstones in our area were about the same size that she had in her hand.
~~~~~
Easy to prepare dinner.
This is the 2nd salted chicken given by my neighbour. To heat up the chicken, I steamed it. Hubby and I had half a chicken each. 
 I cooked home grown snake beans with the remaining stinky beans (petai) with a bit of sambal paste. 
 Our dinner without any rice. 
I cut 1 papaya (given by my neighbour) into 2 portion.
1 portion I kept in the fridge.
The other portion to be shared by hubby and I.
Nice decoration at the Gopeng Gaharu Tea Valley.
This snapshot was taken in Sept, 2019.

He placed springs in the valleys
and streams that gush from the mountains.
They give water for all the animals to drink.
There the wild donkeys quench their thirst,
and the birds nest beside the streams and
sing among the branches of the trees.
(Psalm 104:10-12, The Living Bible-TLB)

40 comments:

  1. Thanks for your sharing 😊 have a lovely day 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss the fish noodles... when can I go and eat?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...a beautiful start to your day and lots of yummy food. We can get hail here, but it's a rarely occurrence. I love all of the colored balls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Raining hailstones rarely occur here too.

      Delete
  4. That fish noodles is really a big portion and so much ingredients.

    Send some of that hail over! Very hot here haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was worried for my car's windscreen when it rained hailstones.

      Delete
  5. Delicious meals with healthy fruits! Wah, your friend dares to go out to collect the ice? She is not afraid of the hail storm?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I was too busy trying to get my car under the shelter of the porch, I would have collected some of the ice too. Some of the ice fell on the concrete floor and bounced onto the floor of our porch.

      Delete
  6. I hope nothing was harmed by the hail...I hate it when it cuts my plants even. Your morning sky sure is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No serious damage to my plants except for losing some leaves and 2 overturned flower pots.

      Delete
  7. Nice dinner with healthy fruits! I cook a lot during MCO and I am glad that I am able to eat healthier and cleaner during this period. By the way, after MCO I need kitchen cabinet repair services as I am unable to close my cabinet door now....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to come over and eat with you. We can go get whatever you want and then enjoy.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be wonderful, Sandee. Have a wonderful weekend.

      Delete
  9. I am glad you had no damage from the storm! Claire got holes sin her ceiling. Storms make the prettiest skies before and after.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. This time our roof was spared. Claire will have to get a contractor to see to the holes in her ceiling.

      Delete
  10. Awesome photo of the hail. It sometimes hails in Hawaii, but not in my area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have experienced hail in my area a few times since we shifted here.

      Delete
  11. Yes read abt storm in ipoh from facebook, hope all is well and safe and no injury. I love to eat beancurd rolls and fried taro. The salted chicken looks so irresistable! No thanks to papaya for me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Los granizos se ven muy grandes. Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those storms can be scary, i am glad all is well.

    Love the pretty skies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That hailstones look scary and wow so big! were there any damages?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank God there is no damage to my house. Only 2 flower pots overturned and was put upright after the storm. No damage to my plants and all is well.

      Delete
  15. I like fish noodles and vadai! the hailstones look huge to damage the cars and house roof.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank God my house roof and cars are spared.

      Delete
  16. Beautiful skies. I hope the hail did not damage your garden. Cheers, stay safe, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane. Thank God no damage to my garden.

      Delete
  17. A storm can be either scary or lovely, depending on how you feel about them

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...