Tuesday 12 May 2020

Flaky Curry Puffs, Assam Laksa & Hakka Braised Pork Belly

When it rains, it is nice and cool but when it doesn't rain, its warm and sweaty. We are finishing 8 weeks of MCO. We have 4 more weeks of Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO) to follow until 9th June. Many have returned to work but life is not yet back to normal. We still have to observe social distancing, no meeting up with friends and no dining in restaurants. No shopping except for essentials.
Sunrise at 7:18 am.
7:20 am
~~~~~
From my garden.
Fragrant Gardenia.
Life cycle: New bud on the top, creamy white on the right and beige on the left.
Orange Firecracker flowers.
~~~~~
Breakfast
Reheated the 2 flaky curry puffs in the oven for breakfast.
~~~~~
Lunch
Free Assam Laksa from a friend.
Hubby and I shared this bowl of assam laksa.
Bought 2 pieces of thick peanut pancake.
Hubby and I ate one each.
I harvested the first 2 snake beans from the new plants.
~~~~~
I snapped myself out of lazy mode. I opened the fridge and did a stock check to see which items I need to clear. I took out the walnuts to roast in the oven to make healthy snack but I didn't like it. So together with the roasted peanuts, I made peanut walnut butter to spread on bread or cream crackers.
Creamy Peanut Walnut Butter
 (with a little bit of salt, brown sugar and honey)
The bulk produces 3 and 1/2 tubs.
~~~~~
Dinner
Home cooked Hakka braised pork belly with wood fungus.
Steamed cauliflower and carrot drizzled with garlic oil and soy sauce.
Dinner for 2 people
It was raining cats and dogs while we were having dinner.
Ceramic vase found at the Gopeng Gaharu Tea Valley.
A snapshot of my Bauhiana Kockiana. The branches laden with flowers are hanging over to my neighbour's side. Once the flowers wilt and dropped off, I will trim off the branches

Linking to Happy Tuesday, Image-in-ing & Tuesday's Treasures.

The heartfelt counsel of a friend
is as sweet as perfume and incense.
Never abandon a friend - either yours or your father's.
When disaster strikes,
you won't have to ask your brother for assistance.
It's better to go to a neighbor than to a brother who lives far away.
(Proverbs 27:9-10, New Living Translation-NLT)

52 comments:

  1. Nice peanut butter.. i must ask you for the recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to taste some of the peanut walnut butter! Beautiful flowers from your garden :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I would love to taste the walnut peanut butter. Sometimes I just scoop peanut butter and eat like that. So naughty. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I too love peanut butter and peanut walnut butter tastes good especially when I spread it thickly on the bread.

      Delete
  4. ...thanks Nancy for the memories, my grandmother had a similar jar that see put rose pebbles in. Take care and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that first sky shot! It is so beautiful. That ceramic vase is so pretty, and love seeing more of the flowers below it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious foods, great photos 😊 thanks for your sharing 😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. Home made nut butter sounds so good, along with your other meals. As always, i like your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what lovely sunrises you have.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had pork belly this week too. I have also been clearing out stuff in cupboard and fridge/freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many nice food, I like so much this sky pictures

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful sunrise, flowers and yummy on all the food. I'm hungry this morning.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great foods :) I miss meeting my friends too. Hard times. I hope that this epidemic will end soon ...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hola Nancy, los platos se ven deliciosos y las flores preciosas. Me resultan muy curiosos los frijoles serpiente, en mi país no los vi nunca. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Still like looking at those curry puffs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gigi. They are tasty curry puffs.

      Delete
  15. The vase is beautiful! Does it stay warm there all year round?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cat & dogs, wow that must be very wet Nancy. It rains cats & dogs & rabbits around my place. LOL Have a great Tuesday my friend and stay safe.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've never heard of snake beans. They're well named, aren't they!!!
    Thanks for linking up at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2020/05/a-surprise-visitor.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those flaky curry puffs sound like something Tim would like

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are quite a cook! Love your flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow your homemade peanut butter must be very yummy. I like those smooth and creamy ones without nuts. You have a very beautiful garden i must say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Libby. I love both the creamy and crunchy types.

      Delete
  21. Tu comida siempre se ve estupenda. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful vase and wonderful floral hangover the fences.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I can't believe I miss your this post when I read your blog everyday. Was the roasted walnuts taste off (Hong)? Was that why you didn't like the roasted Walnut taste? Very good idea to make peanut Walnut spread. Sedap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The walnut is not "hong". Its because it taste dry and not to my taste. So I had an idea to mix with peanut to make peanut walnut butter which I like.

      Delete
  24. I tried making peanut butter before but didn't quite like the bland taste - guess need to add more salt/sugar. Also didn't like the oil floating on top.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...