Wednesday 20 May 2020

Chicken Noodle Soup & Nasi Lemak From Restoran Pulau Sembilan, Ipoh

Yesterday, 63rd day CMCO was a very warm day. We started the day with our morning walk near our house. Then we drove out to town to pass something to a friend and after that we proceeded to the nearby Restoran Pulau Sembilan to buy our breakfast.
Sunrise at 7:05 am
Took this snapshot before we set out on our morning walk.
~~~~~
Breakfast from Restoran Pulau Sembilan.
Chicken noodle soup (kai si hor fun) 2 pax, without the soup.
We had separate container for the soup.
Chicken noodle soup with soup added.
These stainless steel containers (tiffin carrier) serve as our bowls.
From the next stall, we bought a bottle of sambal @ RM 13.00 and a packet of crispy snack (rempeyek ikan bilis) @ RM 5.00
Crispy and addictive snacks.
We also bought a packet of nasi lemak + 2 fried chicken drumsticks for lunch. 
Mid morning snack - sweet and a bit sourish juicy mangoes.
~~~~~
Lunch
We bought this nasi lemak from the same stall selling the sambal and crispy snack .
Nasi Lemak without the sambal and 2 pieces deep friend rempah chicken drumsticks.
Nasi lemak with sambal and rendang gravy added.
This packet of nasi lemak + 2 drumsticks = RM 10.50
Apple mango from a friend - ripe enough to be eaten.
Sweet and juicy mango for dessert.
~~~~~
Dinner
I decided to fry rice with petai and instead of using dried prawns, I used beef burger. Please don't ask me why.....
Leftover dish from the previous day.
Condiment: red chili in soy sauce.
No oomph because the chili has no heat at all.
Strange combination: Fried rice with petai, beef burger, eggs and onions. Tasted weird to hubby and he didn't finish his plate of fried rice. A furry friend was happy to help finished the fried rice. Anyway, this will be my first and last time I used beef burger fried rice. Lol!


Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
So do not be attracted by strange, new ideas.
Your strength comes from God's grace,
not from rules about food,
which don't help those who follow them.
(Hebrews 13:8-9, New Living Translation-NLT)

38 comments:

  1. Yummy food, Nancy. I love me some fried rice too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could have picked out out the burger pieces? Oh well, never mind since the food wasn't wasted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The furry friend very happy to have the rest of hubby's fried rice.

      Delete
  3. The food is so mouth-watering. Good thing I am minutes away from breaking fast. So don't feel so bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Few more days and it will be celebration day. Over here, it will be "Selamat Hari Raya".

      Delete
  4. ...Nancy, you have made me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apple mango is something new to me. I only know mango but not apple mango.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet you wouldn't like our fried rice either...we like it with scrambled eggs, crumbled crispy bacon, though it loses its crunchiness when mixed with the rice...and I love onions...and we add water chestnuts...and I like baby corn but Roger doesn't.

    That apple mango looks big...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I would love your fried rice with all the mentioned ingredients.

      Delete
  7. I love your food. I want to go eat with you. I really do.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love too. If only you are staying nearer to us.

      Delete
  8. "Crispy and addictive snacks." are delicious...yummy
    visit your blog make me hungry.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wonder why the beef patty fried rice taste weird? Is it because the beef patty is kind of sweet? I think I would be ok to eat it and finish it unless the beef patty has gone off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To me, the taste is fine but hubby is not very open to trying something which he is not used to. He prefer to have normal style fried rice and beef burger to be eaten on its own.

      Delete
  10. I like the idea of the metal bowls for the soup! But they must get so hot to hold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Ginny, they are not metal bowls. I use metal tiffin carrier for taking away food. We ate the noodle direct from the metal containers, serving as bowls.

      Delete
  11. What luscious looking dishes!

    I am so glad that you took the time to share your world at 'My Corner of the World' this week! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Betty for hosting. Have a wonderful day.

      Delete
  12. LOL! I would imagine that fried rice with beef burger would be delicious. Let me try hah..hah...

    ReplyDelete
  13. sumptuous meals! I like all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Buen día para ti Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I made chicken noodle soup for dinner last night. I made my own broth and used fresh veggies, but used some commercial ramen noodles. Turned out fresh and tasty though. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Home made chicken soup is still the best. Have a great weekend.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...