Saturday 7 March 2015

Mee Goreng And Rojak For Lunch At Restoran Winner, First Garden, Ipoh

Nowadays it is not easy to get a taste of the authentic Indian-Muslim fried noodle (Mee Goreng Mamak in Malay), even though there are many Indian-Muslim eateries in town. It was only last year that I found one Mee Goreng Mamak stall that serves mee goreng the way I like it. I do not know how long this stall has operating in this restaurant. I only came to know about its existence last year. Since then, we have been coming to this stall for its mee goreng and rojak (vegetable salad) quite often.
I like the way this mee goreng is fried and it is not very oily. Before eating, squeeze the juice from the piece of lime onto the noodle. This is yellow noodle fried with deep fried tofu slice, deep fried flour and shrimp fritters slices, bean sprout, egg, special sweet spicy sauce and garnished with spring onion. MYR 3.90 (approx. 1.06 USD).
This is Rojak Mexwell (vegetable salad Indian-Muslim style). A mixture of deep fried tofu slices, boiled potato slices, deep fried flour and prawn fritters slices, bean sprout, yam bean strips (bangkuang/sengkuang), cucumber strips and special rojak sauce, and of course, 1 hard boiled egg. MYR 3.90 (2.12 USD)
Who among the gods is like you, O LORD?
Who is like you - majestic in holiness,
awesome in glory, working wonders?
(Exodus 15:11, New International Version-NIV)

8 comments:

  1. Looks deleicious...and well rounded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often eat rojak mamak or rojak mee mamak because I like to eat them. Mee goreng mamak not so much because I find it too salty so I will eat the Rojak Mexwell you feature here anytime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mun, the mee goreng from this stall is not salty like most stall. Yes the Rojak Mexwell is good.

      Delete
  3. The mee goreng makes me hungry now although i have taken my lunch, hehe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon, I look at it also makes me hungry...lol..

      Delete
  4. ahem.....not keen on this LOL....but am still drooling at your BKT post. Darn it...gotta hunt for BKT for lunch liao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaa.....I agree that BKT is still the best..somehow it has that special pull to bring us back...lol..

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...