Tuesday 24 March 2015

Prawn Mee, Jawa Mee & Chap Fun At Restoran Shang Hai, First Garden, Ipoh

We used to have a stall in our area that served very tasty prawn mee or prawn noodle but for some reasons the business has moved elsewhere or has ceased operation. Lately, I have been having this craving for prawn mee and have been looking all over for a nice tasty bowl of prawn mee.

Last month, we met with some friends for brunch and one of them suggested this place. She told me that the prawn mee sold here is quite tasty. I have not been to this place for a long time and most of the stalls have changed hands. Since this friend of mine recommended the prawn mee, I ordered a bowl for myself.
When the bowl of prawn mee arrived, I knew that it was going to be yummy especially the colour and the little plate of spicy paste that came with the bowl of noodle. I like this prawn noodle with the spicy paste added to it. This cost MYR 4.50 (approx. 1.23 USD).
My friend ordered Jawa Mee or Jawa noodle. According to her the taste is good but I preferred more ingredients with my Jawa mee. Nowadays, Jawa mee are served with very little ingredients. This cost MYR 4.00 (approx. 1.09 USD).
Since it is near lunch time, the many variety of dishes are all laid out at the rice stall. There was already a long queue at the rice stall. They served chicken rice and "mixed rice" (chap fun). Two of my friends wanted mixed rice because they were drawn by the many mouth-watering dishes.
Now, looking at these two plates of mixed rice is making me hungry. This is white rice with chicken cooked with potato and julienned preserved vegetable with minced meat.

White rice with ginger chicken, steamed pork belly with yam and fried french beans.

Two bowls of soup (free) for those who ordered from the rice stall.

Restoran Shang Hai, Lorong Taman, Taman Pertama, 30100 Ipoh.

Honour the LORD, all His people;
those who obey Him have all they need.
Even lions go hungry for lack of food,
but those who obey the LORD lack nothing good.
(Psalm 34:9-10, Good New Bible-GNB)

23 comments:

  1. Nancy, both bowls of noodles are so mouthwatering! The selection of dishes at the rice stall seems pretty decent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phong Hong, yes they are very mouthwatering!

      Delete
  2. I like the look of the prawn mee but haven't stepped foot into First Garden for a long, long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, maybe it time to visit First Garden again.

      Delete
  3. Your pictures are really making me hungry, the food looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the mee jawa. Can't really stand spicy prawn mee so I normally don't order that but I see your bowl of prawn mee has kangkung in it so it is confirmed authentic and so must taste very nice. The chap fan dishes look good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mun, yes the chap fan dishes look good and tasty too.

      Delete
  5. Wow, what a huge selection, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, yes..sometimes too many, not easy to pick.

      Delete
  6. It all looks very good. But the best is the dish with the hard boiled egg on it. I will try to copy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ginny, hard boiled egg can complement most noodle dishes.

      Delete
  7. Your food is completetly dioffdrent from Poliosh one..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gosia, over here we enjoy a wide variety of food.

      Delete
  8. So many dishes to choose from. I like prawn noodle too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rose, thank you for visiting and also for your comments. Bless you.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...