Thursday 5 March 2015

Nasi Kandar For Lunch @ Restoran Rasheed, Ipoh

A week before Chinese New Year, we needed to do some banking transactions in old town. We were driving along Jalan Dato Maharajalela, when we noticed a long queue. We were curious and as we looked, we saw that these people were queuing up at a eatery just next to the Standard Chartered Bank.

Once in a while, we like to have a taste of nasi kandar. My hubby mentioned that one day we will come and try out the food here. That one day was yesterday. Jalan Dato Maharajalela is a very busy road and it will be difficult to get any parking there, so we parked our car at Jalan Dato Sagor, which is parallel to it. We took a short cut, using a lane between the clock tower and OCBC Bank.
Linking to Skywatch Friday.

I took this picture after getting out of my car, just before going down the steps onto the small lane.
Half-way through the lane, there was a stairway leading to the clock tower. We saw some renovation work beside the Birch Memorial clock tower. As I looked up the stairs leading to the clock tower, this is what I saw.

When we arrived at the restaurant, it was not yet 1 pm. There were only 5 people ahead of us. We have to queue up and waited for our turn, the waiter will take our order one by one. Meanwhile, I busied myself with my mobile phone camera.
The menu on the wall claimed that their fried and roast chicken is Ipoh's most famous fried and roast chicken since 1972.
I looked down over the counter and saw this pot of nasi briyani. This was what I wanted to order. It has been a long time since I last eaten nasi briyani.
Here are some of the dishes for us to choose from. Before I could take more pictures, it was my turn to order.
This was hubby's plate of nasi briyani with mutton curry and egg omelette.

This was my plate of nasi briyani with fried spicy chicken drumstick and a piece of fried fish.
And of course, a piece of savoury papadum to go with the nasi briyani. The nasi briyani was very tasty. Nothing special with the mutton curry. I do not like the fish because the "fishy" smell very strong.
From one man he made every nation of men,
that they should inhabit the whole earth;
and he determined the times set for them
and the exact places where they should live.
(Acts 17:26, New International Version-NIV)

23 comments:

  1. Sounds a nice place, Nancy!
    The menu on the wall looks delicious.
    Have a happy day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have eaten their roti canai and vadai.... but have not tried their nasi kandar .... good anot their nasi briyani.... looks good from your photo ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have eaten their roti canai and vadai.... but have not tried their nasi kandar .... good anot their nasi briyani.... looks good from your photo ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, their nasi briyani is really good n the chicken too...good.

      Delete
  4. I like to eat nasi briyani but usually they are quite expensive. How much were both your meals?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are expensive...our meals came to about RM25/-

      Delete
  5. If i eat Nasi Briyani, i will be full for the rest of the day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon, I not only feel full but very sleepy too.

      Delete
  6. Looks like a neat place, Nancy, the roast chicken....mmmmm. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, roast chicken...they claimed their speciality!

      Delete
  7. The food looks really good! And I love the clock tower, is is beautiful and impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful clock tower! i like the shot with the steps leading up towards it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nancy, the nasi briyani looks so sedap! Very vibrant colour and that reminds me I haven't had nasi briyani for a long time. I love it with mutton curry. Hmmm...must go look for nasi briyani soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phong Hong, ha ha...go and enjoy your nasi briyani...once in a while we enjoy!.

      Delete
  10. This shop is along Lahat Road in old town, Nancy? Never been there... thought you went for the one beside the mosque...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its next door to Standard Chartered Bank, opposite OCBC bank, old town.

      Delete
  11. oh my..looking at those plates make me super hungry ..looks yuum :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I lik the look of the rice. Not lembik lembik and hancur

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, not lembik or hancur...I wouldn't mind going again just for the nasi briyani & chicken.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...