Sunday 8 March 2015

Bak Kut Teh & Braised Pork Trotter At Sun Tong Chew Bak Kut Teh, Ipoh

It was Saturday evening and we decided to have Bak Kut Teh (pork rib herbal soup) for dinner before going to church to attend the Saturday night church service. It was raining and it would be nice to have piping hot soup with rice and Bak Kut Teh would be the best choice. It was still drizzling when we arrived. We didn't expect the place to be packed and there was no free table inside the shop, so we have no choice but to take a table outside at the verandah.

Very promptly, someone came to take our order. Then, it started to rain with the wind blowing toward us. Those of us sitting along the verandah have sprinkling of rainwater upon us. We couldn't change table because all the tables inside the shop were taken. So we moved our table to avoid the rainwater the best we could. After a short while of about 5 mins, the wind died down and rain slowed to a slight drizzle.
This is a small-sized pot and additional soup will be added upon request.
I was starting to feel cold with the sleeveless blouse I was wearing. At the right time, the waitress brought the clay pot of piping hot Bak Kut Teh (pork rib herbal soup) to our table. Very quickly I let my faithful camera feast on it before I took a spoonful of piping hot soup and started to sip on it. That was a nice feeling to feel the warm soup going down my throat into my hungry tummy. The cold has made me extra hungry.

A small-sized pot of braised pork trotter.
Then came the clay pot of braised pork trotter with dried chili and strips of dried cuttlefish. The gravy was very tasty and go very well with white rice.
A small plate of blanched green topped with fried garlic and oil.

2 bowls of white rice and 1 glass of barley drink and 1 glass of herbal drink.
Total cost of dinner for 2 people MYR 23 (approx. 6.24 USD).

Sun Tong Chew Bak Kut Teh,
Jalan Chung Thye Pyin, Ipoh.

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty.
I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation.
whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.
I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.
(Philippians 4:12-13, New International Version-NIV)

18 comments:

  1. It is always nice to be eating piping hot food during cold weather. Food looks good! No wonder the place is full house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bak kut teh !!!! Just had it for brunch at Central .... slurp. I have not been to this place ....must drop in one of these days ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go, you must try this and see which is tastier.

      Delete
  3. Does your church have regular Saturday night services, as well as Sunday morning? Do you and Claire go to the same church? Glad the rain stopped, or you and the food would have been soaked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am sure glad the rain stopped and we can enjoy our dinner.

      Delete
  4. Everything looks delicious, Nancy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing the BKT makes me craving for it now, hehe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can never refuse a nice pot of BKT! Haha..

      Delete
  6. Nancy, the BKT looks good! Now I feel like eating BKT hee..hee...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heheee....BKT anytime for us..eat first, diet later, that's me! Hahaaa...

      Delete
  7. kari mee and BKT are my "sei yutt" (dead point) cant resist a good BKt. One of these days I have to go Ipoh cari you, Claire and Elin go makan liao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome. I would love to meet up with you too. Yes, let's get together.

      Delete
  8. dried cili and cuttlefish...wah lau eh...i think this one will be better tha Kaka BKT in Kepong. KL not many put dried cili in the vinegar pork trotter :(. My mom used to put dried cili. Makes it more umph

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't remember whether the one I have tried is in Kepong or not. I love anything with dried chili added ....as you have said it right...it added more umph!!!

      Delete
  9. Ah yes, cold and rainy is the best weather for BKT!

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...