Monday 16 March 2015

A Visit To Qing Xin Ling Leisure & Cultural Village In Taman Saikat, Ipoh

I came to know about this place through Facebook and also through some blogs. It seemed a nice and an interesting place to explore. When we asked a friend who was staying near to this place, this friend thought that it was a new temple project. Anyway, we were interested and we were talking about visiting this new place with some friends of ours. This new place is the Qing Xin Ling Leisure & Cultural Village in Taman Saikat, Ipoh.

One day, my hubby was meeting a friend in that vicinity and after the meeting, he took the opportunity to scout out the exact location of this place. He managed to find the place and he even took some picture to show me. A few weeks later, on a Sunday morning after our breakfast, instead of driving home he took me for a drive. When I asked him where we were going, he just smiled and replied that I will find out very soon. I knew that he was in one of his "giving you a surprise mood", so I kept quiet.

I apologize for the blur pictures. I took these pictures with my humble mobile phone camera.
Initially, I couldn't guess where he was taking me. But when he took the turning to Taman Saikat from the main road, I knew where we were going. He wanted to show me this new place. We saw a few workers already at work and one of them were just opening the main gate to push in some construction material. My hubby got down from the car and asked permission whether we could go in to look around. Since the ticket counter was still closed, he let us in.
As we walked in, we passed through some brightly painted chalets. These chalets were occupied and from the cars' registration number plates, we knew they were from other states.
This is indeed a very serene place to have a holiday or a get away from the busy life in the city. Here, one can relax and enjoy the fresh air and the beautiful limestone hills towering over the lake and the surrounding area.
We saw a lot of red cloth or ribbon pulled across the lake and other places as well. They were busy preparing for the coming Chinese New Year festive season. If I am not mistaken, this is an old fashioned wooden bullock cart.
We went through this path with two bamboo pillars, one on each side. There is a lake with fishes on each side.
Qing Xin Ling Leisure & Cultural Village
(I am not sure, I think it has something to do with peace and purity of heart?)

A hall
Closed up view of a limestone hill

Beautiful lake view with a horse drawn carriage.

Dangling vines or are these roots?

A place to rest and enjoy the beautiful scenery.
Taking a hill side stroll.
Giant wild taro or Elephant Ear leaves at the edge of the lake.

Beautiful reflection on the lake.

Lake side plants.

Wooden hand or horse drawn carts.

Rattan fish trap.

Colourful chalets across the lake.

Rattan hut with attap roof.

This place is complete with clean, modern facility for visitors in case nature calls.

A bunch of unripe bananas hanging from the tree.
I will be sharing more interesting photos on my next post.

Qing Xin Ling Leisure & Cultural Village
22A, Persiaran Pinggir Rapat 5A, Taman Saikat, 31350 Ipoh.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything,
by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving,
present your requests to God.
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding,
will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
(Philippians 4:6-7, New International Version-NIV)

29 comments:

  1. Seems like a nice and quiet place to relax for a few days but the toilets seem quite dark and it gives me the creep looking at the photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The toilets do look dark and creepy. I think they haven't given the toilets a proper coating of paint, hopefully it will be of a brighter colour. Also the lights should be working too.

      Delete
  2. Love that purple house. Looks like a nice place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the air was fresh and cool and place very serene.

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful place! I love your last reflection picture. So many different and strange or beautiful things to see. And I love the different carts, too. Is this very close to you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its approximately 15 mins drive from my place if the traffic is smooth.

      Delete
  4. how nice that you were allowed in to see the place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous place, Nancy!!! I love all the things in the photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I love the natural scenery, but so much on the man made things.

      Delete
  6. Wa .... this will boost tourism in Ipoh ;) nice scenery though

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wa .... this will boost tourism in Ipoh ;) nice scenery though

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy, this place is so scenic and beautiful! Must go to Ipoh for this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. visit the place & also come for Ipoh food...hehe...

      Delete
  9. Look interesting. But the red ribbons do get into every picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's what I felt too, spoiled the beautiful scenery.

      Delete
  10. Hello greetings and good wishes.

    Lovely photos of a beautiful place to relax and enjoy in serene surroundings.

    Wonderful quote. Very inspiring. Do not be anxious about anything. This unnecessary anxiety is the one which gives hypertension.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joseph, best wishes to you too. Thank you. A good reminder not to allow worry to control us.

      Delete
  11. I love to visit places that bring me closer to nature. :)
    Lovely shots, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Nancy,

    Thanks for introducing such a tranquil place. This is beautiful!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  13. Replies
    1. S Kucing, bookmark it for your next trip to Ipoh.

      Delete
  14. not nice. "we" live in Taman Saikat. hundreds of cars, vans, busses here and there around our house. please find another road to go to this place.dont use our neighborhood road. and please dont freakingly park in Taman Saikat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Raiho San for your comments. I feel for you and the other residents there. I can understand the frustration with the traffic and the inconsiderate way the vehicles are being park. How about making a complaint to the local council so that a proper access road be built direct to the Cultural Village so that the residents can continue to enjoy their peace and privacy. I am so sorry, we the visitors have contributed hardship to you and other resident. I hope this issue will be solved as soon as possible.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...